The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

How big domain buying has changed over the years

In my opinion and based on experience there has been a major shift in the process of buying a top level domain in the past decade.

Some changes I see:

People only have a certain amount of time online, as always. 40% is spent on social media and not searching the web for websites.

Google does not favor domains in keywords like they once did.

Major domain brokers are nearly always financing urls, rent to own, or willing to drastically cut the price. This tells me something.

Major top level domains with direct niche matchups are always available for sale now.

The .com has and will always rule though.

While shorter urls tend to be easier to remember, they really don't have to have much meaning.

I really see the power of the blue chip url declining more and more as people are finding what they need on social media sites.

Happy Easter. Just some thoughts.

Whole domain arbitrage scheme seems to dying right now no matter how do you explain it entirely and absolutely so I do not see any problems with it being so low in action, low volume of sales and so on and on and on clearly and possibly.

It’s just decreasing overall. In fact a decade ago you needed a URL to make money as an affiliate. Now you don’t.

That's true! Pretty sure I'm only one on the planet who almost never bothers going on social media. :D

Domains will always be needed but yes, lots of changes over the years. As you pointed out some things that G said was best to have back then, they punish you for, now. Or they just plain don't work for attracting visitors.

If nothing else, this business can keep you on your toes. Constant changes and not for the feint of heart. :D

MI
Back