The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hosting sites with Forums - Where do you host ?

mikeinlincs

affiliate
UK, Europe or US I have tried them all in the past.

Im sorry to say that the UK hosting companies that I have tried there service have been less than expected.

Ebay deals look good on the screen, and at first they fill the requirements, after 90 days (ebays cut off for refund) the service becomes next to useless or none at all... and Ebay they don't want to know.

Europe (servage.net) lets not go there... even when they offered me 40% off to go back... the answer was a big NO NO and I did not add a thanks to that.

Forums I have one on my site (plug www{dot} tradersreview.co.uk ) (sorry Temi) a place to have your say about being ripped off or scams and more..... Ok I'll have to give a plug this forum in return.

Still looking for members for the forum all welcome. Main site is a UK business directory, businesses can post a listing in the directory free. Charities and none profit organisations can get a whole lot more for free.

Back to the hosting I've moved back to the US and getting better search engine results from google and yahoo. At the end of the day it comes down to service and value for money, and the US seem to offer better..

RIP OFF BRITAIN what do you think ?

Mike :smile:

Hi Mike

If you would like more posts on your forum, why don't you do a few post exchanges.

You can request this by going to the exchange section of this forum.

Thanks

By the way, are you not from rip off Britain? :)

Thanks guys, this is the best most friendly helpful forum I have found. :)

gkd_uk yep Im from rip off britain and that's what gave me the idea to build the TR website.

I hate people being ripped off or scammed even worse when it's me that it's being done too.

Mike :)

I host through bluehost.com

Rarely ever down for a growing forum, but for ultimate performance a dedicated would be best!

To bring up a couple of point you made.

1. Never buy hosting off ebay. Its full of people who have bought $50 lifetime reseller packages trying to be host providers and they havnt a clue, also the "lifetime" packages they buy arnt worth a jot, so you as the end user get crap.

2. "rip off britain"? No I disagree, you could use that term for any country,any product. There are many cowboys out there in all guises, ok your put off but no reason to tar a whole nation with the same brush.

3. If your site is aimed at us market with a us tld then you will get better results on google on a us server.

MI
Back