The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Hi from New Zealand

Kev99

hi everyone
my name is kevin from new zealand and i am about to start (try) my own affiliate marketing site. please bare with me as i know some of my queries my be really dumb but i have been reading for now 3 months and find that i just have to try and get started.

could anyone point me to a good affiliate manager that is willing tio help me get started or...
can anyone help with this question?...

Are there any Affiliate Networks that offer you a free website if you promote their products and then i can increase my quality content as i go along if you know what i mean.

any help wouyld be very helpful, i am very dedicated to the success of this.

thanks alot

cheers kev

Hi Kev,

Welcome to 5 Star. Glad you jumped in and are ready to get started.
I think www.affiliateclassroom.com is still offering a free trial. They have a step-by-step training course so that would be a good way to get started.

Beware of affiliate programs that say they give you a free site. Most are cookie cutter sites which won't make you any money unless you spend money to market them.

Linda Buquet said:
Hi Kev,

Welcome to 5 Star. Glad you jumped in and are ready to get started.
I think www.affiliateclassroom.com is still offering a free trial. They have a step-by-step training course so that would be a good way to get started.

Beware of affiliate programs that say they give you a free site. Most are cookie cutter sites which won't make you any money unless you spend money to market them.

I agree with Linda. I typically don't accept any cookie cutter sites into my program as I feel that they don't add any value. It seems like the best advice is the advice you will read over and over. Keep it simple, pick something you like to promote, and start there. Build one site, learn from it and if you want to continue, then start working on your next site. Also, don't join every affiliate program when you are getting started. Start with the ones that are most relevant to your site, you can always add them later.

One last thing, keep asking questions. This is an great industry full of peope who want to help. Listen to many viewpoints and go with your gut.

Hi and welcome to 5 Star Affiliate Programs! :D

I hope you enjoy your stay here and learn lots about Affiliate Program, which I am sure you will! :D

thanks

hi to you all,
thank you very much for your time and advice.
i suppose i am just so frustrated i have been readin heaps and i think i just need to get on line the fastest way and then i can start adding unique content, optimising my site etc. i tried to sit down with frontpage and within minutes i was already getting stopped with problems caused by lack of knowledge

with website programs, i dont really want to take more time and try and learn html or wysiwyg as that will take another month or more. esp when u come across program queries that take hours or days to get the answer back from.

so i thought i might pay some one to build me a small say 5 page site that at least gets me on the web fast in the next few days. Then i can start optimising it properly. then i could use the web companies content management system to keep adding pages to the site.

i just think i need to get on the web now otherwise it could take months to get there if i have to learn the software all by myself. At least if i had a site up i could then start learning at my liesure the website programs like frontpage, xsitepro (which i heard is pretty good) or sitebuildit.

thanks so much for your help
hopefully i can come back in the next few eeks with my own site to show you.

One last query. i was going to get my own site up which is basically about getting started on the website to earn an income and use my site as my experience. then i was going to have a variety of products that people may need and a library or articles and ebooks that people may need to get started with.

then i was going to start a family of different small sites with each having their own affiliate products to sell. i am not sure if this is the right way to go about it though.

...advice always welcome

cheers kev

Couple thoughts:

so i thought i might pay some one to build me a small say 5 page site that at least gets me on the web fast in the next few days.
What you may want to do instead is buy a template from Goldenpinecone. She makes very good templates specifically for affiliate marketing that are optimized for search engines. She has options that will work with FrontPage and you will just need to add your content. http://www.goldenpinecone.com/catalogue.php

The other thing you can do for FREE that does not require web skills is to start a blog on a free blog host or with Google's new page builder. These sites are as easy as writing an email. You need to check to be sure affiliate links are not prohibited. Consider this just a temporary way to get started though. Not ideal cuz you are driving traffic to the blog host and don't own the site yourself.

One last query. i was going to get my own site up which is basically about getting started on the website to earn an income and use my site as my experience. then i was going to have a variety of products that people may need and a library or articles and ebooks that people may need to get started with.
There are a jillion sites like this out there made by pros that know how to get visitors and do heavy SEO. Trying to sell products to other webmasters or people that want to make money on the web is SUPER competive and it's the last place I would start.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but it may save you some time and heart ache.

bubble burst

hi linda,
thanks for your great advice. now i will have to rethink my strategy. linda, with what you know now, how would you start your first site???

that would be of great help to me because now i have done more surfing i think you are right so your first start advice would be greatlyh appreciated.

thanks linda
cheers kev

banners
Back