The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Jeffrey Heaven

affiliate
PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! IT NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT.

Hello folks, I hope you all would be having a productive day.

My mind is literally bobbled at this moment. I can't decide what to do. My life has became frustrated like hell.

I am into Internet Marketing since last two years. Still I haven't done anything and haven't made a single penny. I know a lot. But I get confused all the time.

The moment I open Facebook or anything, I will come across any blog post and I will read it. That will lead me to another & the whole day will pass reading posts and stuff. At this moment writing this introduction, there are more than 30 tabs open in my browser & this is an everyday story.

I bought 6 domains until now.

The moment I read Viral Nova's story - I jumped into Viral Niche
The moment I read about someone's success story on amazon affiliate - I jumped into it.

I feel like I will be learner throughout my life & that is something which is creeping me out.

I follow Gary Vaynerchuck from bottom of my heart. His videos boost me for doing something, Creating something. Listen to Eminem's songs to boost me up. Follow motivational accounts on Instagram. But it seems like I am becoming obsessed with motivation.

I get confused like anything. I suffer from Information Overload.

I wrote content for others..
Made & ran Facebook groups, fake accounts, facebook pages for others for money (something totally I believe I don't deserve to be doing). But it didn't give me steady income.

I am jobless right now.

Recently, one guy from German scammed me for 100$. I wrote product reviews for him. Working three days straight. It was total heart break for me. Like a salt on wound!

Saturated income frustrates a hell out of me. When some client leaves, I seriously feel very bad. Because I feel like my source of income got destroyed.

Excuses are keeping me down. Some sensless excuses I make, often I trust them myself. In any case, at last I know it is only that excuses and procrastination. I don't have much time, yet I do have time. I don't have much cash, however I do have enough to begin a smaller project. I don't have much knowledge, however I do have more information than 80% of the people in Internet Marketing.

Everybody suggests, have some patience - have some patience! But seems like it isn't working out for me. I put a lot of effort. I work hard. I push hard. Still nothing is paying out.
What should I do?

@Jeffrey Heaven

First of all, hello and welcome. :)

I get confused all the time.

That's okay, I still get confused a lot of the time. :)

The moment I open Facebook or anything, I will come across any blog post and I will read it. That will lead me to another & the whole day will pass reading posts and stuff. At this moment writing this introduction, there are more than 30 tabs open in my browser & this is an everyday story.

A common problem for many people. Self-discipline to not do that during your work time is very important. Don't even check your email during the hours you want to be productive.

The moment I read about someone's success story on amazon affiliate - I jumped into it.

It's called Shiny Object Syndrome. Or, "Squirrel!"

I feel like I will be learner throughout my life & that is something which is creeping me out.

Good. Means you...or at least some part of you...wants to TAKE ACTION. Because if you don't, you will for sure stay in learning mode.

I am becoming obsessed with motivation.

Your motivation has become procrastination maybe?

But it didn't give me steady income.

One of the risks with freelance work. I know, I used to do it, too.

Recently, one guy from German scammed me for 100$. I wrote product reviews for him. Working three days straight. It was total heart break for me. Like a salt on wound!

It happens but thankfully, not very often. All you can do is learn from it and move on. I suggest getting a deposit or using an escrow site next time.

When some client leaves, I seriously feel very bad. Because I feel like my source of income got destroyed.

Get new ones. Seriously. It isn't usually very difficult to find clients for good content writing. You can even check the Copywriting forum or Buy, Sell, Trade forum here on AFix.

Excuses are keeping me down. Some sensless excuses I make, often I trust them myself. In any case, at last I know it is only that excuses and procrastination. I don't have much time, yet I do have time. I don't have much cash, however I do have enough to begin a smaller project. I don't have much knowledge, however I do have more information than 80% of the people in Internet Marketing.

Yes, the excuses can be a real weight around your neck. Make a promise to yourself that you're not going to make them anymore. You deserve better. It'll probably take some practice, so don't be too hard on yourself.

MOST IMPORTANT - What @tyoussef said - FOCUS on one thing at a time until you master it. You'd be better off to concentrate on one thing for ten minutes a day and increase that over time then jumping around from one thing to another.

Maybe something in this video can help you with that:

Something else that may help you stay on track - select ONE vertical/niche/product, ONE traffic source then start a Follow Along Journey. That will not only keep you accountable, it will also provide you with help, tips, advice and guidance from other members as you go through a campaign. I think that you'll also find it motivating to continue focusing on one project, rather than flitting from place to place.

Hope there's something in this post to help you Jeffrey. Never be shy about asking questions here. These forums have a family atmosphere, we all help each other as best we can. :)

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME! IT NEEDS TO BE SORTED OUT.

Hello folks, I hope you all would be having a productive day.

Hi @Jeffrey Heaven , welcome to AffiliateFix!

My mind is literally bobbled at this moment. I can't decide what to do. My life has became frustrated like hell.

I am into Internet Marketing since last two years. Still I haven't done anything and haven't made a single penny. I know a lot. But I get confused all the time.

I bought 6 domains until now.

I follow Gary Vaynerchuck from bottom of my heart. His videos boost me for doing something, Creating something. Listen to Eminem's songs to boost me up. Follow motivational accounts on Instagram. But it seems like I am becoming obsessed with motivation.

I get confused like anything. I suffer from Information Overload.

I wrote content for others..
Made & ran Facebook groups, fake accounts, facebook pages for others for money (something totally I believe I don't deserve to be doing). But it didn't give me steady income.

I am jobless right now.

Saturated income frustrates a hell out of me. When some client leaves, I seriously feel very bad. Because I feel like my source of income got destroyed.

Everybody suggests, have some patience - have some patience! But seems like it isn't working out for me. I put a lot of effort. I work hard. I push hard. Still nothing is paying out.
What should I do?

First, YOU DO NOT HAVE MORE INFORMATION THAN 80% OF THE PEOPLE IN INTERNET MARKETING! No way, not a chance, it's your ego struggling with your failing to achieve your goals. It's your ego justifying your lack of success.

Secondly, there is NO SUCH THING AS INFORMATION OVERLOAD! This is a phrase that was coined by internet gurus that were part of the Syndicate (Kern and his associates) about 16 or 17 years ago. It's a fallacy, it was, and is, designed to cause what is known as a pattern interrupt. A pattern interrupt stops the flow of thinking for a few milliseconds in an attempt to plant a thought in an individual at a specific moment. Now, I am not saying that the idea is that new, Ecclesiastes once stated "of making books there is no end" and Seneca commented, that "the abundance of books is distraction". However, when you read these remarks in context what is revealed is that when it happens naturally it is the result of someone that is not organized in thought, in life, and in business. As well, when it happens unnaturally, it is the result of someones intention to change your line of thinking. This is how marketers use it as well as those practicing the arts of NLP. What you are experiencing is likely information anxiety, which is the gap between the information we understand and the information that we think we must understand. In other words, you are biting off more than you can chew and trying to cram it all in faster than it can be processed. This is like someone that is great at driving a stock car on a dirt track hopping in a formula one and thinking they can beat Mario Andretti after one or two races, when in fact you will likely spin out and die in the first turn on the track.

Thirdly, you are seriously scrambled, frantic, emotionally imbalanced with business, and have no plan (and if you do, you are not sticking to it).

The majority of people making their initial attempts at online business experience what you are experiencing. Some for a short time, others for years. Those that get past it do so with the directions you see below. Fight these instructions, and forever be in a never ending loop of trying to stabilize, but never quite getting there. Follow the instruction below, as all of us that have found our success have done, and the entire world of online marketing will bow before you!

Everyone has to start somewhere. Be active, ask loads of questions, take action, and be committed. That's how it gets done!

Use this forum as a mentor. It's full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Hey @T J Tutor

That's deep buddy. :)

Thanks for taking out your precious time and providing your suggestions.

By 80% I did not mean to say, the people who are not already in IM. I meant to say "the people who are willing to or planning to jump into IM".

Now, I am pumped up!

I already started taking action & chose my niche which is affiliate marketing.

I started writing articles too.

Let's see where I go.

Sorry for responding late and I really really appreciate your inputs. Not everyone will provide such deep advice to someone who is bobbled in his life like you did.

Humanity exists! :)

Cheers.

banners
Back