The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Hey everyone!

EJ.exe

affiliate
I'm EJ!

I wrote a bio on my profile already, but I probably should have saved it for my intro.... lol

Anyways, I am 25 years old, I have a lot of knowledge in tech and psychology; sales, social dynamics, success, status,and influence are my favorites to study. I went to college for them for awhile, and I enjoyed it. But I switched majors from computer science to psychology and ran out of financial aid before I graduated!

Then I worked a couple crappy jobs, some of which I enjoyed (but didn't get paid nearly enough for) and some of which I really hated.

Anyways, I am hoping to use my psychology and my web/graphic design skills in unison with this forum to start seeing the results I want.

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up! :)

Peeeeace

Hello @EJ.exe , welcome to AffiliateFix! Thanks for joining us.

Anyways, I am 25 years old, I have a lot of knowledge in tech and psychology; sales, social dynamics, success, status,and influence are my favorites to study.

Anyways, I am hoping to use my psychology and my web/graphic design skills in unison with this forum to start seeing the results I want.

Do the results you want include affiliate marketing or are you here to find a way to provide services?

We have an abundance of great marketers at every level and I am sure you will find your way around.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

See you around the forums.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

I want to learn affiliate marketing of course! I ultimately want to get into product dev and creation, ala Jeff Walker w/ PLF.

I figured out in the last few weeks that taking action every day is more powerful than learning EVERYTHING I can about it; I am devoted to it entirely and have been for about a month. Doesn't sound like a long time but I am talking about a month of waking up, reading/listening/watching to the experts, and taking action daily. And I have been on/off with it for years because none of the information I have read up until recently has helped me much at all.

It was easy to get away with during the holidays (spending all day online working), but now that new years and xmas are over the pressure is on me to get a "real job". I know doing that will distract me and make my goals take 100x longer, so I am trying to find the most direct path. As Bedros Keuilian would call it, "the Straight Line".

I know that people learn differently and everyone has contradictory advice. Some people swear by this site, some swear by WF, some say to buy AffiloBlueprint or join Affilorama/WealthyAffiliate, and I am sure they all have their reasons. But I spend months on WF and got nowhere. It seems like all the big affiliates like to say "go here and you can learn EVERYTHING YOU NEED" but really it is just a way for people to see their squeeze pages in their sig.

So I am really hoping that this forum is the one for me. I am going to keep taking action until it happens, and I will never give up; but this struggling to get traffic and having family/friends not take what I am doing seriously is incredibly frustrating. I just want to make my first sale so I can say "fk off, I am going to make more money than you ever did" and have some proof to back my claim.

Know what I mean? I don't want to spend five years learning this stuff, because I have already put my heart and soul into it for so long.

I want to learn affiliate marketing of course! I ultimately want to get into product dev and creation, ala Jeff Walker w/ PLF.

I love Jeff. All good stuff. Certainly a great master of product launches, kind of a "go to guy".

I figured out in the last few weeks that taking action every day is more powerful than learning EVERYTHING I can about it;

Excellent thinking. I write about this here, and on some of my continuity sites, regularly (weekly). You are 100% on the money with this thought!

I am devoted to it entirely and have been for about a month. Doesn't sound like a long time but I am talking about a month of waking up, reading/listening/watching to the experts, and taking action daily. And I have been on/off with it for years because none of the information I have read up until recently has helped me much at all.

Those of us that know we may become a product of our environment often seek out the most ideal environment before jumping in. It does, in some ways, help us from becoming too jaded about the industry after meeting or relying on those that are a bit nefarious or incompetent. In the end, we end up taking action when we feel the information at hand is viable and comes from a reliable source.

It was easy to get away with during the holidays (spending all day online working), but now that new years and xmas are over the pressure is on me to get a "real job". I know doing that will distract me and make my goals take 100x longer, so I am trying to find the most direct path. As Bedros Keuilian would call it, "the Straight Line".

Well, as a Newbie, your lines will be constantly realigning themselves. It's necessary and it occurs with all of us in the early stages. However, those of us that push through the initial learning curves as quickly as possible find our "straight lines" faster than those that get upset about every hiccup in the road in the early stages with this industry.

I know that people learn differently and everyone has contradictory advice. Some people swear by this site, some swear by WF, some say to buy AffiloBlueprint or join Affilorama/WealthyAffiliate, and I am sure they all have their reasons. But I spend months on WF and got nowhere. It seems like all the big affiliates like to say "go here and you can learn EVERYTHING YOU NEED" but really it is just a way for people to see their squeeze pages in their sig.

I can tell you for a fact, every bit of the information in both of those programs can be found in the content of this site.

So I am really hoping that this forum is the one for me. I am going to keep taking action until it happens, and I will never give up; but this struggling to get traffic and having family/friends not take what I am doing seriously is incredibly frustrating. I just want to make my first sale so I can say "fk off, I am going to make more money than you ever did" and have some proof to back my claim.

One thing I recommend to everyone is to never share information freely about one's life with anyone that isn't appreciative of the information. When it comes to this industry, if one is pressed into giving someone a satisfactory answer about what we do, I tell them (and recommend this for others) that we are in Performance Marketing with a focus on Client Acquisition. If you are speaking to family or friends especially, this answer represents a respectable field that will not reveal the more detailed information for which many choose to be judgemental.

Know what I mean? I don't want to spend five years learning this stuff, because I have already put my heart and soul into it for so long.

Follow these simple guidelines below and you will be earning and on your way to your goals within a couple of months at most. This simple, but effective, starting outline has launched an abundance of Newbies into a steady growth using the resources and information within this community.

Myself, and any seasoned marketer, will tell you to use this forum as a mentor because it is full of members at every level of experience which makes for many balanced perspectives for a Newbie to learn from. Take the time to read through the forums here and see for yourself that the Newbies achieving success have actually dedicated themselves to success in this industry and reaping the rewards by following the advice of fellow AffiliateFix members, being dedicated to success, putting the time in, and making the necessary investments. You cannot shortcut the learning curve. It goes slower for some and it goes faster for others. Everyone has their own intellectual absorption rates, skill development pace, commitment level, and budgets.

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Great post! Full of useful information and I am glad to know that I am on the right track.

The deal with my family is that I am living back at home after a rough few years. It took hitting rock bottom for me to really decide I HAD to do this. So now I live with the family and I literally have to look for work at risk of our patched-up relationship. So it's not a matter of telling them "oh this is what I do for work" and it's cool, I need to have something to show for it (something more than a website).

I am not at all saying that it is discouraging me; on the contrary it is lighting a fire under my ass. But the heat is on for me to start making something happen!

I know a lot about the different kinds of marketing, I have been in this thing for a while. I have chosen direct response as my main thing (the one that I am focusing on) but there is a cascade of prerequisites to even getting my first subscriber. Especially if I plan on following PLF at all.

The problem I am facing is doing all of this stuff with no money. Its not the learning and implementing part. I have that down well already. I know how to set up a domain, I know how to get a web host, I know how to set up an email list, I know how to set up a website/squeeze page, it wouldn't be difficult for me to get into an affiliate network because I have contacts that can help me with that, blah blah blah blah blah.

I have tried using AdWords and AdSense on probably a dozen websites I made in the last decade, and they all ended up literally with a -100% ROI.

I do plan on being active in this community, there is just so much information and I don't understand what the missing piece of the puzzle is. I have literally been learning about affiliate marketing and trying to implement it for years. It's just never worked for me.

However, I am beyond dedicated and I will make it work. It is just a crappy paradigm to be living with.

I'm EJ!

I wrote a bio on my profile already, but I probably should have saved it for my intro.... lol

Anyways, I am 25 years old, I have a lot of knowledge in tech and psychology; sales, social dynamics, success, status,and influence are my favorites to study. I went to college for them for awhile, and I enjoyed it. But I switched majors from computer science to psychology and ran out of financial aid before I graduated!

Then I worked a couple crappy jobs, some of which I enjoyed (but didn't get paid nearly enough for) and some of which I really hated.

If you guys have any questions, don't hesitate to hit me up! :)

Peeeeace
It is good that you are here. I am a computer science graduate who decided to focus on the digital marketing and it is really working out for me. I am sure with the skills you have, you can be able to monetize the every opportunity you come across. You can focus on designing the landing pages something that is really working out for many people. Just feel free to go through the forum and seek guidance of the top level marketers. I am so sure they will be will to help you out.

I can already tell that this place is wayyyy better than WF ha ha ha :)
oi66.tinypic (dotcom) /akyctt.jpg <---- Made just for you guys, I can't post links yet though :/

Anyways, I really appreciate everyone's advice!

Do any of you guys know Jason Capital or at least know of him? Just curious.

-EJ

GFX guru with good writing skills, a deadly combination, welcome to affiliatefix.

Regards
IndeXer
That's what I figured! I have the exact skills and interests that are sought after in the industry (at least that's what I have been told), it's just really hard to put them all to work when there is so much information and you don't know who is your best bet!

I know that I have made a lot of progress by sticking to one mentor and focusing on all of the info they put out, that's pretty encouraging to me. What is even better is that my favorite dude is just barely older than me, and he seems a lot like me in general. I know for a fact that he doesn't have the design skill-set that I have, and I don't have as much marketing or copy writing skills as he does. It is very complementary to what I already know; it is fantastic!

The crappy thing is I have watched damn near everything he has put out, so I need to start branching out based on his recommendations (but they are his recommendations, so I am not even tripping on it!)

-EJ

MI
Back