The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

[HELP]The Value of a Landing Page - Is there?

jsammy

affiliate
ok, SO i have read a number of forums talking about landing pages and really don't get into the why's, how's, etc. Currently I am working on Jay's case study and plan on working 3 micro niche sites-all are very different. With that said, I purchase the domain Supreme-Deals.com awhile back that I think would fit with micro niche amazon sites.

The only problem is I have no idea the value and usage of a landing page. Can some folks shed some light? :)

JSammy

Hi jsammy,

So, this is a very deep subject in as much as there are many ways and reasons for using a landing page. For the most part, it helps pre-sell what you're promoting. You can use them to also collect names and emails for an opt-in list you're creating to market other products in that same, or similar, niche.

The landing page is intended to increase conversions, collecting additional data is a benefit. You also have to consider how to use a landing page based on what it is you're promoting. Landing pages for a sales funnel while selling a product are often very different than the landing page for a CPA offer (sign-up, zip submit, email submit, etc.).

It is important to run split tests. Try different landing pages, try direct links, etc. and compare their performance. I would start by searching through the forum for case studies and study the hell out of them That way you are getting fresh first hand information that will help you see the benefits and proper use of landing pages.

Oh, and join the DOJO! There is an abundance of great information, case studies, and conversations about this subject.

T J

banners
Back