propellerads adcombo
  1. The Essential Kit For Affiliate Marketers

Guaranteed to work, always updated, top quality essentials.
    Easy to work and packed with features that make you more money.
    Coming Soon.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help Setting up a "Deal Site"

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by jawinn, Sep 12, 2006.

1. jawinn

jawinn New Member

I want to setup one of those deal sites that just list coupons and discounts from affiliates like amazon.com and office depot. With my affiliate link of course.

A site like one of these:
    http://www.dealhack.com
    http://bensbargains.net

Can anyone offer any insight on how to automate the deal displays? I don't want to have to constantly be updating the entries. BTW, I am very familiar with web development; I just want to know if there is a way to automatically put these deals in a blog of some sort.

thanks in advance,
    Jawinn

2. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

Hi jawinn,

I moved this post to the general forum where it may get more answers and because it is a question better suited to this section.

Well many affiliate programs offer dynamic coupons and/or RSS feeds that will automatically update the coupons and offers.

3. jawinn

jawinn New Member

Thanks for the move. Linda, can you give me some examples of tech/gadget focused affiliates that have these types of offers? Especially ones on cj.com; I already ahve an account with them.

thx

4. Linda Buquet

Linda Buquet <span style="color: #daa520;font-weight: bold;">Me

One of our clients theNerds has a datafeed and coupons - they are getting ready to add RSS feeds. They are on SAS.

Here are their current coupons:http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?p=7535#post7535

At CJ I know Ebay and Buy.com have RSS feeds for top sellers and deals and you can pull from just certain products categories. There are probably others too I just don't know who they all are.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

5. jawinn

jawinn New Member

Thanks. Another question I have is how do I get affiliates to notify me when they have sale items, specials, and freebies? Do they do this automatically or do I have to ask them for these?

thx

6. autoecart

autoecart New Member

They probably have a signup on their site where you can register to recieve automatic notifications of any special offers they have going on.

7. jbella

jbella Affiliate affiliate

coupon update

At the end of each month, I spend more than 12 hours updating new coupon codes. Some merchants have some sort of feed, but the majority don't.

I typically go to the cj and linkshare interface and copy the codes one by one.

Please let me know if there is a better way to do this.

Top Resources

banners