monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Internet Marketing' started by mikeinlincs, Feb 12, 2008.

1. mikeinlincs

mikeinlincs Affiliate affiliate

I need help with my forum TradersReview Forums - Index we have over 100 members but most just sign up but never make a post ? why we don't know. some just grab the freebies and go, can you guys make some suggestions to help us get this going. I have done several exchange postings in the past.

I am thinking changing the layout and getting a string of banner ads at the top like UKWW and offering free banner ads to other webmasters who can help us get the forum buzzing.

Ads would be shown on a rota system mixed with other ads, with simple terms keep helping keep adversiting free..

what do you guys think ?

Mike :)

2. monetizer
  3. temi

temi Facilitator affiliate

Mike,
    This is an age old problem for forum owners, that is why forums introduce rules like x amount of post before you can access this or that forums. You need to move the juicy bits of your forum to a section where non registered users cannot access.

4. deluxdon

deluxdon Affiliate affiliate

Thats really nice suggestion temi. Afterall it comes from knowledgeable forum owner :)

DON.

5. mikeinlincs

mikeinlincs Affiliate affiliate

Thanks temi, we have the freebies and a few other sections only availbe to registered users now, I will look at imposing a posting limit of these boards..
    whats your opinion with the banner ads idea ? I don't want to go down the road of paying people to make postings like some forums do.

mike :)

6. SkinnerW

SkinnerW Affiliate affiliate

As I suggested to someone before - you need to build a core of 10-15 people to get discussions going. As content grow some of lurkers may want to join in some of discussions if it's interesting to them.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI