The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Help! I Don't Know How To Lock Content On My Blog

Deborah Bamidele

affiliate
I know this must be a really stupid question for some of you, but please help a newbie out. I need to insert a content locking code on my blog site and I honestly don't know how to go about it.
I am using the content locking tool from peerfly. After generating the code, this was the instruction I got
Base Code
Add this section of code to the bottom of your page (right before the </body> tag).
I need to know exactly where I can find the </body> tag.
I am using a free blog, blogger
I will really appreciate the details. I don't know anything about html.
PS: I am already learning html but I need some quick answers.

If on Blogger you go to Template >> Edit HTML you should be able to see the HTML Code

The </body> tag should be the last or second last line in the HTML.

uuuuuuuuuh! you are a life saver. Thank you sooooo much.
What if it is not on blogger? What if I was using a Wordpress site?
And I hope I won't have any problems using a free host.

No Problem,

For Wordpress it's pretty much the same I believe you go themes or appearance >> editor although I don't pay much attention to my wordpress sites so may be wrong

Using a free host it depends on the terms of that host so make sure you check them before doing anything

I just followed your instruction. I just input the code and I'm trying to save the changes but couldn't save it. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.
One thing I noticed is that the </body> tag is somewhere in the middle of the page not at the bottom. And the last line of the page ends with </html>. I inserted the code immediately before the </html> tag

Deborah, are you using a free host? or are you using WordPress on your own domain and on your own host?

T J

P
Deborah, are you using a free host? or are you using WordPress on your own domain and on your own host?

T J

I'm trying the both.
I'm trying to see if I can lock content on google's blogger. If that won't work then I can try it on a wordpress installed site.
I have a baby plan from hostgator and a domain name from 1&1.

I haven't used a shared server for many years. I am not familiar what they allow and don't. I do know that free blogging services and shared services do have limits. They also can have some bandwidth limitations. Have you already installed WordPress on HG?

P
I'm trying the both.
I'm trying to see if I can lock content on google's blogger. If that won't work then I can try it on a wordpress installed site.
I have a baby plan from hostgator and a domain name from 1&1.

Also, does the HG plan you have include CPanel?

I haven't used a shared server for many years. I am not familiar what they allow and don't. I do know that free blogging services and shared services do have limits. They also can have some bandwidth limitations. Have you already installed WordPress on HG?

No I have not installed wordpress. I am finding the whole process a bit confusing. I watched a video from jay wessman on how to build a website, but I guess the video is outdated cause lots of things has changed.
The whole DNS stuff is confusing.

No I have not installed wordpress. I am finding the whole process a bit confusing. I watched a video from jay wessman on how to build a website, but I guess the video is outdated cause lots of things has changed.
The whole DNS stuff is confusing.

It's just confusing because it hasn't been presented to you in a fashion that makes sense to you. maybe I can help. Installing WP is a breeze and once you do it, you'll never forget it. It takes only a few steps.

First, tell me if your HG plan includes CPanel.

They do verify IDs from time to time for new customers. Let's wait until everything is ready.

Yeah, I chatted with my AM at BlueHost a little bit ago and he informed me they, and most businesses in the U.S. and Europe, are doing this because of the high fraud rates they've encountered in recent years.

MI
Back