The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ganoaffiliate

affiliate
Hi guys Ganoaffiliate here,

Sorry if my english is not the best, but I come form a very poor county in South America.

I want to have a better life and also to give a better life for my family.

For the last couple of years i have been doing network marketing and it has not been bad, but it is not enough and to be honest is hard to get to the top and is not your real business

I am (a newbie) starting with affiliate marketing and i will work hard to get good at it!

So far my goal is to become good in at least 6 months form now.

Any advices on where to star form?

Thanks for reading!

cheers

Hi guys Ganoaffiliate here, Sorry if my english is not the best, but I come form a very poor county in South America.

Hi @Ganoaffiliate , it's great to have you here with us. Welcome to the AffiliateFix!

I want to have a better life and also to give a better life for my family.

For the last couple of years i have been doing network marketing and it has not been bad, but it is not enough and to be honest is hard to get to the top and is not your real business

I am (a newbie) starting with affiliate marketing and i will work hard to get good at it!

So far my goal is to become good in at least 6 months form now.

Any advices on where to star form?

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

Hi @Ganoaffiliate , it's great to have you here with us. Welcome to the AffiliateFix!

You are a FIX'er now and that means you have the world at your feet with IM. Here are a few suggestions:

Read and learn through extensive reading in this community. Select one vertical. one tracker, and one traffic source. Learn from your fellow members here to master each one of them (a couple of months). Then you can expand and replicate your successes.

As a Newbie, you need to read, study, invest, and implement. Perseverance, dedication, and taking action are the cornerstones of the success you will obtain.

Read
Read through the various areas of the forum to learn about the types of marketing available for your new business. Make a list of all the types of marketing and take some notes along the way. Then determine which area of marketing with which you will start your journey.

Do this to select an area of marketing to start, as well, do this to select a tracker, a traffic source, and to select a vertical.

Then read up on the affiliate networks and select two to begin with that will serve your needs and the types of offers you would like to promote. Put your application in and they will call you for an interview. Be professional and be prepared to answer some questions about how you will promote offers, do you have a website, are you a Newbie, etc. Please note, if you join the Dojo, we have a thread there that can offer assistance in getting accepted to some of the networks.

Study
Now that you have selected a basis to begin, read all of the threads in this forum that relate to your initial selections so that you have a rudimentary understanding of their features and benefits.

Invest
You will require some investment. A VPS server, domains, traffic, landing pages, etc. You will need a budget for daily, weekly, and monthly expenses. This will change over time and you will need to update it often so that you know exactly what your costs and earnings are.

Implement
This is where it all starts to earn. You must now begin to implement what you have established as your foundation for your business.

Here is some advice and guidance that will help you establish your initial goals:

Make sure you complete the following first.

Every business needs:

1. a plan
2. a schedule for research, learning, and execution
3. a budget.

Remember to read through our WIKI and get to know the basics as well as some of the buzz words in the industry.

I also recommend reading the following thread:

As a Newbie, What Stops You From Getting Started

Here is a set of immediate goals:

1. Get a VPS
2. Select a vertical
3. Select a tracker
4. Select a couple of networks and get your approval
5. Select a traffic source
6. Create a schedule for researching, learning (training), and working. This is a business, treat it as such!
7. Create a budget for every expense (daily, weekly, monthly)
8. Be very active in this forum by researching, asking questions, helping others when you are able.

As well, I highly recommend you join the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

Remember This! : Nothing has to be perfect before you start. Read & study, but invest and implement at the same time. You cannot learn all of it from reading and studying. A great deal of your learning comes from implementing!

Good Luck!

T J

TJtutor,

First, I would love to thank you, you reply has been very useful to me and I really APPRECIATE IT!

Second, as you might imagine I have followed you advice!

So far I'm at the read/study step and I am working on my plan and on my scheduling.

I have decided to focus on Mobile affiliate marketing and I have discover that I have a lot to learn.I didn't even know what a VPS mean LOL ;)

I am wondering a few couple of things, I would love to ask you...

-Do you think "gaming" vertical is still profitable, and a good one to star with?

-For a low budget which VPS do you recommend, I read a post where they suggested "Fresh Roasted Hosting" with a 4.99 or a 9,99 plan what Do you think?

- How can I create landing pages for mobile, I own a Profilbuilder plugin in Wordpress with a host gator hosting, do you thing that could work?

-I have heard it is a good thing to star by spying the competition, do you do it? and how do you do (though which soft ware or app, etc) it, of so?

- So far I have a us$500 Dollars of budget, do you think if i use it wisely and carefully I could be making some revenue to at least break even?

- When it comes to tracking, some people recommend Voluum but I read that at the moment it is not the best option because the landing pages using Voluum may be flagged for viruses, do you know anything about it? do you use Voluum? if not which tracker do you use?

I have got many more questions, LOL, but maybe though your answer I can get an idea of some of them.

Ps: I really loved your answer, thanks agian.

Ganoaffiliate :)

I would love to thank you, you reply has been very useful to me and I really APPRECIATE IT!

Happy to know it had an impact and is useful.

Second, as you might imagine I have followed you advice!

So far I'm at the read/study step and I am working on my plan and on my scheduling.

Taking action and keeping it in motion is the most important decision, everything that follows will continue to grow and mature because of it.

I have decided to focus on Mobile affiliate marketing and I have discover that I have a lot to learn.I didn't even know what a VPS mean LOL ;)

Mobile is where more than half the action is today. We have an abundance of great mobile marketing minds in the community and you will find their contributions in every corner.

Do you think "gaming" vertical is still profitable, and a good one to star with?

It isn't the focus of my marketing, but I know that it not only is big, it is growing.

For a low budget which VPS do you recommend, I read a post where they suggested "Fresh Roasted Hosting" with a 4.99 or a 9,99 plan what Do you think?

This is a subject that has been talked to death on this forum and all the others out there. In truth, thre are an abundance of great hosts out there for marketers.

For marketing purposes, due to the need for reliability, high volume traffic, and page load speeds, make sure your hosting plan includes at least 2GB of RAM, 2 CPU Cores, 30GB Storage, 1TB Bandwidth, CPanel, WHM, and a dedicated IP.

I use BlueHost VPS's. VPS Support is great, reliability is great, their base VPS program has the above requirements and is only $29.99 per month. They also give you one new domain free, of course you pay for the renewal of the domain in a year.

How can I create landing pages for mobile, I own a Profilbuilder plugin in Wordpress with a host gator hosting, do you thing that could work?

Since you are getting into mobile, and will likely be using landing pages only for mobile offers at the moment, I do not recommend using WordPress. Instead, you will want to use HTML5 pages. Also, if you don't have experience making landing pages, it's a good idea to outsource them for now (until you get a handle on building them).

I use a program called Artisteer to build my WordPress Themes and my HTML5 Landing Pages. They are always responsive (very important). I also, sometimes, use Thrive Content Builder as well as other Thrive Plugins. Komposer is another simple to use HTML5 Page Builder with a WYSIWIG interface.

I have heard it is a good thing to star by spying the competition, do you do it? and how do you do (though which soft ware or app, etc) it, of so?

This is called competitive intelligence gathering in the industry and there are many platforms and softwares for doing this. Most are quite expensive for a Newbie on a restricted budget. Try using OfferVault and/or MakeMassive to see some of the ads others are using. Manually spying is a tedious and time consuming means by which to spy on competitors, but is a skill every marketer should learn. I recommend starting a thread about this in the Newbie Helpdesk forum or the Mobile Marketing forum to gain the insights of all of our members. This is a huge subject and there are an abundance of methods members can offer up that are free for now.

So far I have a us$500 Dollars of budget, do you think if i use it wisely and carefully I could be making some revenue to at least break even?

This is the absolute minimum in my opinion. You may not break even, and you may. You need to understand that this is a business and it requires investment. All of us, everyone of us, spends money on new campaigns that never turn a profit at first. You see, the object initially with a new campaign is to pull all of the data into your tracker so that you can identify where the conversions are coming from and where they are not. Then you can dissect the traffic to scale up the profitable portion of the traffic and eliminate the non performing traffic.

When it comes to tracking, some people recommend Voluum but I read that at the moment it is not the best option because the landing pages using Voluum may be flagged for viruses, do you know anything about it? do you use Voluum? if not which tracker do you use?

I had read in a thread here in the community, some months back, that Voluum had this issue and I believe that they responded with having resolved it. You should read through the threads in the Voluum Resource area and i think you will find the members are still using Voluum quite successfully.

I have got many more questions, LOL, but maybe though your answer I can get an idea of some of them.

So, this is your introductions thread. It's time for you to spread your wings and start posting your questions in the appropriate forums by starting new threads in order to gain the insights of many members on each of your inquiries. Also, It will be awesome, of you and for you, to create a follow-along when you are ready to launch your first campaign(s) so tht the membership can participate and give you guidance through the process.

Ps: I really loved your answer, thanks agian.

You are quite welcome, always happy to help!

Good Luck

I look forward to seeing you around the community!

T J

MI
Back