The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello from an Application Developer

Ross Bartlett

affiliate
My name is Ross Bartlett. I have been a web developer for over 20 years, and as of recently an online application developer.

I developed the Open D Engagement CRM application (open-d.com) designed to help SMEs better engage with and build better online relationships with their audiences.

Earlier this month I launched the application after two years of development and beta testing in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area.

I'm new to the Affiliate Marketing environment and would like to get some advice as to how best promote my application.

Many thanks,
Ross

Hi, @Ross Bartlett and welcome to AFix!

So, you're Canadian, eh? :) Me, too. I'm approximately eight hours away from Ottawa by car, I think. Especially with construction on the 401. Likely even longer then.

You have terrific experience for the technical side of things in this industry. Once you get the hang of the promotional side, you should be good.

I'm new to the Affiliate Marketing environment and would like to get some advice as to how best promote my application.

Now that you're part of the family, you can start a thread in any appropriate forum and ask for help. Other members will offer up their expertise to advise you.

Meanwhile, since the marketing part is new to you, I always suggest that newbies start with the following:

What is Affiliate Marketing? (START HERE) | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix
Newbie Helpdesk | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix
Newbie411 | Free Download

Read, study, learn. Ask as many questions as you need to. Someone will always answer.

Enjoy the forums! :)

Last edited:
Many thanks my fellow Canuck! I will have a look at your recommended material and get into the forums.

One question about Affiliate Fix. I've learned in the affiliate marketing world there are "Advertisers" (like me) and "Publishers" who would promote products on their websites. Am I right to assume that most of the participants within AF are publishers?

Thanks again. Looking forward to learning about all this.

R

Just to confuse you further...

On CPA networks, you are a publisher.

On ad networks, you are an advertiser, assuming you are buying ad space for your offers. If you're looking to show ads on your site to make money (think AdSense) then you're a publisher.

Clear as mud? :)

Right :)
After reading your suggested content I see that I am actually a Merchant.
As I have a product to sell.
All very interesting! :)
Thanks

Hello Ross and welcome to affiliatefix.

I'm a python, php, nodejs & mobile developer, I'm playing with new technologies like ReactJS & Angular2 u know :)
and I'm working on some web marketing apps, I will launch them soon.

How I will promote them?
SEO, Blogging, Google Adwords, Facebook Ads, Bing Ads, I have also a referral program and much more ^^

Hello Ross Ross Bartlett. Welcome to Affiliatefix forum. Glad to have to on board

Best way to promote is by suing paid traffic for highly target tarffic. Facebook can provide you with huge amount of traffic and its a great platform to start your promotion. You won't be having any trouble with google as you are the owner and developer of the app. Google don't affiliate. There are many other paid advertisement like display advertisement, in-app ads, pop up, domain redirect but i would suggest to stick to first 2 as their traffic quality is higher than pop and redirect traffic.

Good luck with your promotion. If you have any other query ask it in the Newbie Helpdesk | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix section.

Have a great day.

Thanks for the input! I few days ago I applied to be a merchant within Max Bounty's network. They have not responded. Any insight as to typical turn around response times? Should I follow up? And how's their reputation within the community?

All the best,
R

Thanks for the input! I few days ago I applied to be a merchant within Max Bounty's network. They have not responded. Any insight as to typical turn around response times? Should I follow up? And how's their reputation within the community?

All the best,
R

You need to give them a call, Maxbounty is one of best CPA networks.

Thanks for the advice about Max Bounty, but a thought just occurred to me. Do I really need a CPA to get started?

I developed my app and subsequent "Partner Program", prior to becoming aware of the entire affiliate network community.

That said I've coded my partner program (open-d.com/resellers.php) to assign partner ID's to signed up Affiliates, that will be carried right through the transaction and stored along side each Open D customer subscription. I have already prepared the login secured Partner section where Affiliates can access graphics and promo materials with their Partner ID already embedded into the links.

The system works flawlessly, tracking customer subscription signups and corresponding Affiliate payout details.

So again, I'm wondering... why can't I cut out the CPA middleman and just offer my Partner Program directly to potential Affiliates? I now appreciate the value of a good CPA, but just to get started I'm thinking.

Thanks for the advise.
R

You don't need a CPA program to start.

I just checked your site, I recommend you to focus on building a great landing page and a great logo, it will helps you get sales. You can buy a template in Themeforest or hire a designer.

Also you can add a video in homepage of the service and some screenshots of the system, that helps too.

Don't forget to add some reviews in your homepage.

Do a research of web services and analyse their sites and how they do things :)

You don't need a CPA program to start.

I just checked your site, I recommend you to focus on building a great landing page and a great logo, it will helps you get sales. You can buy a template in Themeforest or hire a designer.

Also you can add a video in homepage of the service and some screenshots of the system, that helps too.

Don't forget to add some reviews in your homepage.

Do a research of web services and analyse their sites and how they do things :)

Cool advice that will help your service

My name is Ross Bartlett.

Hello @Ross Bartlett , how's it going? Welcome to the AffiliateFix family!

I have been a web developer for over 20 years, and as of recently an online application developer.

I developed the Open D Engagement CRM application (open-d.com) designed to help SMEs better engage with and build better online relationships with their audiences.

Earlier this month I launched the application after two years of development and beta testing in the Ottawa, Ontario, Canada area.

Many thanks,
Ross

I can see you are making friends already. That's the way it is here on the Fix!

We have loads of great contributors posting actionable information every day.

I'm sure you will find we are a friendly and engaging group of marketers and easy to forge relationships with.

Looking forward to your posts and threads.

Check out the DOJO as it is full of great tools and contributions for successful marketers. Click the banner below to learn more.

See you around the forums.

T J

MI
Back