The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Hello all

lingstar

affiliate
Good morning,

My name is Barbara Ling, and I've been making my living online now since 1997. I've gone thru many aspects of making money online from being in the right place at the right time with the right product (internet recruiting), to building resource sites about that topic, to traveling around the country giving seminars, to starting affiliate programs for my products, to teaching methods regarding eBay, to building portal sites replete with affiliate links, and the like.

I'm currently now doing a combination of portal building/teaching once again, and look forward to participating.

Best wishes,

Barbara Ling

Welcome to 5 Star, lingstar. How are things in New Jersey?

With your background, you will probably be helpful to a lot of people who visit 5 Star looking for help.

All of us look forward to your participation in the discussions.

NJ - no heat wave

Hi Larwee,

NJ finally has broken out of its heat wave (yay!). It demolished my AC so I ended up using the public library's computers to finish a good chuck of my work.

I'm happy to answer any questions I can....the past 9 years have been quite an educational ride. :)

Best wishes,

Barbara

I can relate to your problem. We had a big power outage in this area that started with some storms on Wednesday, July 19, 2006. It was the biggest outage in history. More that 700,000 electric customers is this area were without power for a while. Some were without power for 9 days as the final people got their power restored today. It was a major headache.

I have been making my living online for 11 years, since 1995. A lot has happened during those years and you are very right about time being an educational ride.

Talent Abounds! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Among being a newbie affiliate manager, I am also a channel manager and building out our ebay business, producing data feeds, and of course, looking to increase my relationship management skills, so I'll be hanging on everyone every post, particularly yours, Barbara, LOL

Rugman.com said:
Talent Abounds! WE LOVE YOU GUYS!

Among being a newbie affiliate manager, I am also a channel manager and building out our ebay business, producing data feeds, and of course, looking to increase my relationship management skills, so I'll be hanging on everyone every post, particularly yours, Barbara, LOL

Thanks! Right now, I'm fast at work sitting down (gotta love that mental image), trying to find Must See places in Niagara Falls, Ontario, etc. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated...I found a really neat falconry centre as well as a bit of water :) that the kids should love..... :)

Barbara

The kids would probably really enjoy MarineLand. The falls is beautiful, but I don't know how long it will hold the attention of the kids unless they are on the Maid Of The Mist boat or maybe exploring the tunnels behind the falls. I personally haven't been there for a few years, but those are the things that kept me busy and out of mischief, LOL

Depends

Good morning,

It all depends.

If I've broken the SEO code to guarantee top 10 rankings for keywords, I would probably prefer to be in affiliate mode and build pages that drive folks to my affiliate ID.

If instead I'm in teaching mode and writing books, I prefer to be in merchant mode and help other people achieve their goals.

In my vast venerable age, I'm discovering that as I grow, my focus changes. Thus, what might work for me years ago doesn't have as much appeal as a different foray today....and vice versa. I started life in merchant mode, spent about 3 years in affiliate mode, and now I'm in a combination of both.

Hope that helps!

Best wishes,

Barbara

Hi Barbara,

We talked by PM and I've read your other posts but somehow missed this one, so wanted to take the opportunity now to welcome you.

I'm thrilled you joined us and feel your background AND attitude will really be a plus to our community.

Have fun on the Niagara Falls family vacation. We'll miss you, even though you just joined!

Thanks!

Thanks so much for the warm welcome - I love forums in which newbies, intermediate and savvy folk are encouraged. So often I hear from people that more experienced marketers will not be as understanding...it's great to see this particular place.

Best wishes,

Barbara

banners
Back