Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Has anyone tried YT video ads?

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Just saw a nice ad for them and was wondering if anyone has had any early success?

I did try that in the past, but didn't have positive results.

However, it was more than a year ago and I didn't put a lot of focus and effort on my tests.

I believe that advertising on YouTube is very different than advertising on Google (search) or Facebook, for example, so it will probably require some patience for testing for anyone who give it a shot.

Do Video Ads allow promoting affiliate offers or will they ban your account like with Google Adwords?
These are still new, so I think the approval might be easier to get through.

Videos are best for branding and collecting leads.

Example: The Super Bowl. Branding on steroids. The overwhelming majority of the commercials have no relation whatsoever with the product. The products are props*. The more sillier they are, the more people talk about it. Those people tell their friends which leads to increased brand awareness.

* =

Take your marketer cap off and put your customer cap on.

As an adult, how many times have you actually ever made a purchase, based on a video, of a company's product? Not too often. How many times have you actually made a purchase, based on a video, with some larger than life figure or celebrity hawking a company's product? Lots!

Even in infomercials, the person hawking the product is the brand i.e. the late Billy Mays or Matthew Lesko. The moral of the story: make a complete caricature of yourself and people will pay you* a lot for it.

* = Stephanie Courtney (Flo the Progressive Lady)

-----
I used to run a computer storefront and occasionally gave out loaners if I had to work on someone's PC overnight. Every single person asked why my loaners didn't display video ads on YT (Adblock). The way YT does it annoys the average user. Just some info to consider.

-----

Addendum: It took me a while, but I found the article I was looking for to explain it a lot better than I ever could.

Video Ad Targeting Isn’t Behavioral Because It’s Not Direct-Response

Last edited:
banners
Back