The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Has anyone ever had a NETWORK steal their campaign?

church

affiliate
Was just reading on another forum about some guy running mobile offers and then he saw his very own ads all over the network and being ran by the network themselves.

Has anyone else experienced this? Do you think networks should run internal traffic and compete with their own pubs?

Yes. I think they will do that. For example. Iconpeak. I have signed up this mobile network before. The detail info of offers always has a restriction about blacklist. like:blacklist: arrki / Fyber ect. I think they run offers on these ad network themself. and if we run another new traffic source, then they will added this new traffic source as blacklist. I think this behavior is not good.

It's ture, they always do that. most of them have teams to test and run campaigns. so you need to hide details about your traffic and methods how to promote, just let them guess:rolleyes:

usually i use meta refresh only to prevent huge click loss.. do you think redirect or meta refresh work well? I kind of do not know what make the differences here?

It's a shame we have to deal with this, but it is the way of the world in marketing. Everyone knocks off everyone else. I had this happen many times. Most recently was last year and it was by one of the biggest and most popular networks. We just have to deal with it. Networks are competitive and in great abundance. They all work with slimmer margins than five years ago and so they supplement their bottom line by running their own campaigns. There is another thread in the forum about this, many of us experience this pretty regularly.

I spoke to a network owner a few months back in a very relaxed conversation and he told me that it isn't so much the network as it is the folks they hire to test campaigns. These people seek out our winning campaigns and then present them to the network as there own. The network owners don't have any way to prove otherwise.

With all of the campaign spying tools out there now, it's tough to keep any campaigns to yourself anyways. Just keep putting out great campaigns and once the marketers have copied you in mass, then it's time to roll out your next great campaigns. Shelf life of campaigns is getting shorter and shorter. Today one needs to be developing new angles, landers, and unique selling propositions on a daily basis. It is two hours of my day, every day.

Small networks do that.. !!
They just opened up small online marketing company...
Majorly they just act as middleman between big networks and the advertiser... !! And if they found ROI better for that campaign they just stole that... Damn

1. Hide your referrer or confuse by using other referrers
2. Use tracking to hide advertising URL parameters such as {kw=xxxxx}

There are options to eliminate your affiliate network or it's employees as a risk factor. Read more about your affiliate exposure considerations in this post

banners
Back