The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Got Scammed $1,900 by A2Ads - Need Advise

Trailblazer

I used to use them a few years ago and they always ended up paying me even though they were late sometimes. It had been about a year since I had used them up until last month, I started running an offer with them that was converting good. I was putting in 8+ hours a day in monitoring and adjusting my campaigns, tweaking things, and working hard for about a month and a week with them.

During that time I was emailing back and forth with the owner, Jon Lyons, about getting a payout raise, and other offers, he would ALWAYS respond within 24 hours of each email. I also asked me if he could get me on weekly wires which he said he would at the 1st of this month. About a week into the month I noticed no payment, so instantly stopped traffic and emailed him for status, days go by no response, so more emails from me, weeks go by no response.

I got worried and googled around, I found tons of threads from within the last year of people on forums complaining they were also robbed of their commissions by Jon. He would do the old tried and true trick of telling people to increase volume, and then ban them once it was time to pay them, and ignore all their emails as well.

I tried calling the numbers they have provided, his cell phone says his inbox is full and can't take any new messages (probably other people he scammed have filled it up) and I left voice mails at his office number that never got returned.

This is a very very big hit to me, I am extremely distraught over him screwing me over like this for no reason. All my traffic was legitimate, and I complied to all the terms the offer was asking. I paid over $900 for my traffic, and dedicated about 5 weeks to getting the results of $1,900, so I am basically out $3,000 now because of this guy, as well as 5 weeks of 8+ hour long days of productivity lost.

Has anyone ever been able to shut down a scamming CPA like what a2ads is doing? How can I press charges against them, or if that's not an option, does anyone know what measures or a good attorney I can contact who will be able to help me recover my money back?

I am just so bummed and pissed off about this guy doing this, I had planned my whole next couple of months around having that payment, as well as I have important expenses coming up I need to cover that I won't be able to now.

Would really appreciate some advise on how I should proceed in going after this guy Jon Lyons and A2ads

it is really crucial to choose affiliate network with well reputation and good advertisers source.
i recommend you use shareasale/webgains/linkshare these networks are very good. I tried them all as an advertiser.
Seems you are very good at your job. it would be great if you could join our program.
simply search merchant ID 63930 in shareasale
ITEAD has the best converting rate.

Its hard to get your money if they are being unreactive. You can keep on pushing them or promise them traffic once they pay. Its a hard lesson to learn - everyone has gone through it.

The best way to go about it is to learn from this experience and next time you start working with someone, check on them before you start sending traffic. Here are a few things you can check

1. Check if they have a linkedin profile (their company), Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. If they have +10 employees its probably safe. If they can afford to pay for so many salaries each month, they must be doing something right
2. Google them. If bad things come up, this is a red flag. Ask for prepayment.
3. Check the FB page: Log into Facebook | Facebook
4. Check with your fellow affiliates and connections in the industry if they know the company
5. Check forums like this one or stackthatmoney, affplaybook, etc

Always work with multiple networks in order to not only spread your financial risk but also compare offer performance among networks. You'd be surprised how much difference there can be on the same offer!

How much did those bastards rip you off for Neo?

Not much but it was free traffic and i was about to test some offers with paid traffic,thank god i didnt do that. I was trying to contact them for few months but only once i got an answer that my checks are sent lol. Yeah right my checks are traveling one year or some mailman stole them :DBTW its good thing to check out affnetwork on sites like Reviews of CPA Networks, Affiliate Programs and Ad Networks - Affpaying and some forums before you join.

dQXF6zY.png

I haven't seen their worthless network mentioned on any review sites. They used to be flux ads, but now are a2ads, I guess they changed the same so they can scam. Anyone know if they're on any review sites I can go and warn people they're scammers?

Damn sorry to hear that you got scammed. Make sure you do your homework on a network before joining them.

MI
Back