propellerads adcombo
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Google's Alphabet the World’s Most Valuable Company!

Discussion in 'General Discussions and Lounge' started by Marc, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Marc

Marc 武士- Spamurai moderator affiliate

Last edited: Feb 5, 2016
    Harvey_brown, K and T J Tutor like this.
  2. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

I saw that headline on a news site but didn't read the article. Made me go, "Huh!"

My second thought was, "What's Alphabet?"

3. Marc

Probably most people haven't heard of Alphabet Inc. It was founded in October 2015 as parent company of Google and all it's subsidiaries.

[​IMG]
    The top spot lasted only 2 days, on February 3, 2016 Apple has overtaken Alphabet again. But I think it will be a close fight in future.

Anyway, an only 17 yrs young company is absolute world top. What an achievement, wow wow wow!

News like these always strengthen me to continue with everything that has to do with digital technology and the Internet. It is THE FUTURE!

HCFGrizzly and K like this.
  4. azgold

Oh, thanks for explaining!

Yeah, can you imagine toying around with something in your garage and ending up with something like this??

5. DanielFIRE

DanielFIRE Affiliate affiliate

i don't understand something, according to google finance both google and apple market cap is around $500b but there are about 3-4 companies in china with a market cap of over a trillion dollars such as bank of china.

6. HCFGrizzly

HCFGrizzly Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

It`s good to have competition at the top and it`s even better that both companies are from the IT field. I guess that the days that oil companies ruled the rankings are long gone (I suppose this was caused by the drop in oil cost).
    Whit alphabet being what it is, and because of the name I heard some rumors about the .xyz domains getting some traction. (don`t know if this is true or not)

7. Marc

In all those evaluations the stock values play a major role, and China's stock values are crashing. This is probably the reason why Chinese companies can't be found in these rankings.

Even better: 10 of the first 20 world leading companies are technological (see the annual ranking on Interbrand). A clear tendency.

Yeah, a good reason to think about .xyz-domains. They are also easy to remember.
    But abc.xyz is already in solid hands ;)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  8. HCFGrizzly

Thanks for the link. Didn`t expect to see some companies in the top 20.(Disney on 13...I guess buying the Star Wars franchise was a good move)
    Looking forward for the .xyz domains to get some traction and to be well known to the general public. (I don`t think if now a normal user will have the guts to use his credit card on this kind of domains)

9. azgold

So far, the only xyz domains I've seen have been Russian referrers in my Analytics. :)

I'm sure the new domains will catch on, same as all the other extensions. At some point in time, anyway. Especially if the big guns start using them.

10. HCFGrizzly

Yes...me too. Have seen lots of spam in my analytics come from xyz domains. That`s the main reason that is keeping me from investing in them. But who knows? If Google will gets involved, they will change the tide.

11. DanielFIRE

I understand your logic but the ranking is by market cap, not share price (by share price Berkshire Hathaway is number 1) and by that logic the Chinese companies are first on the list.

12. Marc

My apology, but I just forwarded what was in the news.
    Please ask the dumb journalists who spread the news without having a clue of something.

Indeed would it be interesting to know on what parameters all these evaluations are based, see also the famous Forbes lists.

I guess the companies of which you are thinking are listed as "The World's Biggest Public Companies", while Apple, Google etc. are listed as "The World's Most Valuable Brands".
    But please don't ask me where the difference is and what values are underlying. I don't earn my money with these lists ;)

DanielFIRE likes this.
  13. DanielFIRE

Don't worry buddy, i don't blame you.

14. Harvey_brown

Harvey_brown Affiliate affiliate

Thanks, really useful

Featured Resources (View All)

adsxposed