The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Webmaster Tools: How much authentic?

johnafrankllin

affiliate
Hi,
I am using the Google Webmaster Tools to monitor my site's stats like back link, Top search queries, crawl stats, index stats etc.
I have seen many a times when I check the Top search queries they do not match with what the google says. I check by selecting the different locations and search types.
Sometimes it shows the exact result.
What could be the reason of it? Is there anyone who can tell me?
It would be nice to hear from you all experts.

regards
John

ALL web stats package treat the web logs differently. Clicktracks is one of the better ones.

What are you checking them against?ie, what are you comparing them to?

Hi OWG,
thanks for your reply.
I am actually not comparing it with any other tool available on the web, but just want to know about the authenticity of the google webmaster tools. As i have seen many a times the result of google webmaster tool's "Top Search Queries" differs completely from the actual results shown by the google search.
When i check the Position of any keyword by going in "Top Search Queries" I found that the position of the keyword is 7th before a week, but when I check it in typing in the google search I do not find my site any where in the SERPs for that keywords.
Is it possible that the site disappeared within a week. Also if i check the same again after a week it shows the same in webmaster tools.
Is there any problem with the tool??
Are the stats shown by google real??
Regards
John

if you can access your web server logs , that's the best way to track your details.Or you can use statcounter or Clicktracks to find out more details.

Anchor text counts as a referring phrase. So if someone links to you using the phrase 'dogbreath' then 'dogbreath will show up as a referring phrase, but you will not appear in the serps for it.

After going through Top Search Queries i am selecting the google's different LTDs then selecting the Web Search then checking it, again the result is different than what google says.

I have this problem and click the Top Search Queries for the direct link to the search page. For me i find that google.com does not represnt the correct position, though the .co.uk version is not often far out. Maybe 1 or 2 positions away.

Never really check .au etc as not really that interested.

And what should I think when my google stats says that among the 'keywords' people write that result in my site are words which I am absolutely sure do NOT feature anywhere at all on the site? Like some strange names? How come the people ever ended up on my site? Or are the stats misleading?

And what should I think when my google stats says that among the 'keywords' people write that result in my site are words which I am absolutely sure do NOT feature anywhere at all on the site? Like some strange names? How come the people ever ended up on my site? Or are the stats misleading?

It may be possible that you are being linked with those words somewhere else. So are being found out with those words. As in case of adobe there are no word called "click here" on that page but though the site appears on top with this keyword just because of the hyperlink of that word with that page.

banners
Back