The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google to remove AUTHOR images from results.

K

Administrator
Administrator
Internet Marketing Deals
High Converting Landing Pages | ConversionWise
Pretty good read and interesting to see they first said it helped CTR and now saying it doesn't!

Odd move for sure, I think this means ads are getting less clicks due to other distractions.

Google to Remove Author Images from Search Results - SEW

"We've been doing lots of work to clean up the visual design of our search results, in particular creating a better mobile experience and a more consistent design across devices," he wrote. "As a part of this, we're simplifying the way authorship is shown in mobile and desktop search results, removing the profile photo and circle count."

I swear, I think they do stuff like this just to keep people from knowing what they should do. Because they can. Because it may confuse people who try to beat the Google gods. I dunno but there isn't much that they can do now that would surprise me a lot.

This not good. As per my experience, authorship defiantly improve CTR. I have seen in its effect on my websites. In fact, when I do a Google search, I usually click links with author images first,

Yeah. Some time they push Google authorship and they are all in with G+ (The force you to use it with Android and Youtube).

Next year, they disassemble theyr G+ team and then they stop showing authorship in search results. That's how they roll, and I've got a very funny image for this:
Matt-Cutts-Masterplan2.jpg

MI
Back