monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Google to remove AUTHOR images from results.

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimisation' started by K, Jun 26, 2014.

1. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

Pretty good read and interesting to see they first said it helped CTR and now saying it doesn't!

Odd move for sure, I think this means ads are getting less clicks due to other distractions.

Google to Remove Author Images from Search Results - SEW

"We've been doing lots of work to clean up the visual design of our search results, in particular creating a better mobile experience and a more consistent design across devices," he wrote. "As a part of this, we're simplifying the way authorship is shown in mobile and desktop search results, removing the profile photo and circle count."

2. monetizer
  3. akaaka

akaaka Affiliate affiliate

wtf :| whats wrong with them... -___-

4. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

I swear, I think they do stuff like this just to keep people from knowing what they should do. Because they can. Because it may confuse people who try to beat the Google gods. I dunno but there isn't much that they can do now that would surprise me a lot.

5. LukePeerFly

LukePeerFly Super Moderator Super Mod moderator Affiliate Manager Service Manager affiliate

I noticed that my image was removed a bit ago. Not sure what happened.

6. Snoop

Snoop Affiliate affiliate

Another way for Google to screw us little folk to improve ad clicks

7. church

church Affiliate affiliate

Seems like a crazy move by them for sure

8. iconsume

iconsume Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

This not good. As per my experience, authorship defiantly improve CTR. I have seen in its effect on my websites. In fact, when I do a Google search, I usually click links with author images first,

9. servandosilva

servandosilva Moderator moderator affiliate

Yeah. Some time they push Google authorship and they are all in with G+ (The force you to use it with Android and Youtube).

Next year, they disassemble theyr G+ team and then they stop showing authorship in search results. That's how they roll, and I've got a very funny image for this:
    Matt-Cutts-Masterplan2.jpg

10. shasha

shasha Affiliate affiliate

No more authorship image :( I think they removed due to misuse of authorship from low quality blogs.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI