The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google SEO: Here's the Latest and How It Affects You

jjarrett

I'm a writer, so you may think it is easier for me to do a lot of this marketing stuff. After all, I write, so I should be able to create content. Not always easy. You have to shift gears from being a writer to being a marketer. Writing marketing content is very different than writing books or writing for pay.

Google is once again changing the name of the game, and you need to be aware of this because it could make a huge difference in your search engine optimization, and it's an easy technique to implement.

This blog post was written by author Nick Daws, but you don't need to be a writer in order to benefit from what he teaches here. If you want to get the most from your SEO efforts with Google, then get started on this now.

How to Set Up Google Authorship (and Why You Really Should)

There are only 4 search engines you need to be concerned with now, and so this really makes your search engine strategy simple: Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Exactseek.

Google gets about 60 - 80 percent of the traffic, so you can't ignore them. Create and submit your sitemap and get your site indexed. Use Google Authorship to help you with the rest of it.

Bing provides search results for both Bing and Yahoo. Same strategy applies. Submit your sitemap. One thing to remember is that the keyword tool for Bing is different from Google, so the results will be different. I highly recommend you optimize for Google though because they are dominant.

Exactseek helps you connect with all those other little search engines that get about 20 percent of the traffic. Worth looking into if you want full coverage on your SEO.

To find out what users are searching for as it relates to your site, go to Alexa and type in your domain. You may be surprised, but knowing what others are looking for when they visit your site helps you optimize your content and get those first page rankings. Sign up for a free account with them. Some will tell you there is better business intelligence out there, but I've been using Alexa for years. They tell you where the traffic is and who the visitors are. Helps you target your market.

My SEO strategies are simple, but they work, and I don't try to trick the search engines. You shouldn't either. It can be a major traffic source for you, so keep it simple and do it right.

1. Sitemaps

2. Keyword optimized content

3. Backlinks

Do those three things and then use Alexa to fine tune the process.

Hope this helps.

Jinger

Great bringing this to people's attention, Google have already said they will rank authenticated content higher than the none authenticated stuff... so if you have your Google account linked to the content you're going to be ahead of the game.

However, I can't help thinking this is Google making it's own properties look better in the search engines again... which is surely a conflict of interest? One minute they say they are all about giving the best results, and then the next they give extra weight to anyone just linking their Google account... ah well... helps us SEO types out :)

Thanks for this authorship hint. An effective way in protecting own articles against "copy and paste"-guys, or at least to rank higher than they :)

I notice more and more that your threads help me to restore trust in Google, after I had a few bad experiences with AdWords.

^Yeah I've done this with CPAFix to good effect - it's amazing how much verifying and adding an image to your site in results brings in more clicks.

Good article and good valid points. There are too many people attempting to trick search engines to gain rank when they miss the point all together. create good relevant content that is based around what your visitors are searching for. keep a stead schedule of adding good content and back links and you will be OK. when you mix your SEO with good viral marketing, you have a winning combination

Great post! Thanks a lot for sharing your ideas.

Writing always involved in any kind of marketing strategy. Writers must create a good quality content, which has a sense, interesting and informative. Moreover, they must learn more about their target audience in order to understand how to persuade them to make a move. It is important to write for people first, thus they should always include the audience, in order to get their attention. SEO is one of the effective techniques of Internet marketing. It takes time before you get the results, but it provides a more favorable return on investment than other traditional forms of advertising.

MI
Back