The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google only indexing my Wordpress categories

Jaded Affiliate

affiliate
Hello Fixers. Google does not seem to be indexing my posts directly but rather the category page of where I tagged it. Anybody have experience with this problem? I'm looking into my Robobots.txt for clues as we speak...

Thank you.

Are you using Yoast for your SEO?

Have you submitted the XML Sitemap to Google Webmasters for the site?

Have you checked the Yoast SEO valuations of your posts? The plugin rates your SEO readiness and values with Grey/Red/Yellow/ and Green lights for posts just like the page's content. Also check the Yoast Page Analysis when in the Edit Post view. Are all posts showing a green light?

Have you checked the crawl status area of Google Webmasters for errors?

Have you checked the Yoast SEO valuations of your posts? The plugin rates your SEO readiness and values with Grey/Red/Yellow/ and Green lights for posts just like the page's content. Also check the Yoast Page Analysis when in the Edit Post view. Are all posts showing a green light?

Have you checked the crawl status area of Google Webmasters for errors?

I always make that light turn green before I post :D

I have been digging into the crawl errors recently and found this:

Fruf2ZZ.png

Looks interesting to say the least but reading into it Google doesn't seem to think you need a robots.txt per this article:

I'm going to try to resolve this issue anyhow. Let me know if you have any ideas...thanks for the help.

Which Cache plugin do you have? Yoast isn't compatible with all of them. They recommend ZenCache. Just thinking outside the box here for a minute.

Jaded Affiliate The setting to exclude categories using Yoast SEO is very simple
2015-11-30_0647.png

If you are still having problem, use a robots.txt and exclude categories on it manually and upload it to the directory. Google crawler will take some time to crawl and discard your categories. If you still need help, do let us know.

Hello Fixers. Google does not seem to be indexing my posts directly but rather the category page of where I tagged it. Anybody have experience with this problem? I'm looking into my Robobots.txt for clues as we speak...

Thank you.
I suspect there is one thing you are not doing constantly. Updating the xml sitemap from webmasters. This file is always very important and it helps a lot when it comes to indexing the pages of your website. I do my update on a daily basis and this is the reason why my indexing by google stays updated. You need to give google a platform that will enable it crawl through your website with much easy. Correcting that will make everything work as per your intentions.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies. I manually created the robots.txt file on my web server and all is good in the hood now. Within a few days google was ranking my main pages instead of the categories those pages were under. Contrast the image I posted above with the one below. Google states that you don't need a robots.txt but then doesn't know how to rank your pages! Keep this in mind for your own sites.

tlfStEo.png

banners
Back