The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Duplicate Proxy Exploit

temi

affiliate
I have been coming across quite a few website that has become victim of Google Duplicate Proxy Exploit, does any one know effective counter measures to protect once's site against it?

It very strange, this is the puzzle of the day, since i just executed some research on the topic. I found a reverse cloacking php code here which may be effective.

This seem to be a very big problem this days, I think one of my sites is affected so I will be doing a lot of reading and applying effective patch or whatever you call what needs to be done to guide against it when I get back to UK.

Guys i think this is the best resource on this subject. I think i will apply one of the defensive solution today.

Thanks Bagi

I will have a read through the site and will see if I can apply the mod.

Can any site be a victim of this attack or is sites such as forums?

GKD,
Any site can be a victim sadly :( I think some can be innocent and other can be malicious, sort of a competition trying to noble your site.

I keep on trying to implement the reverse cloaking hack, but doesn't work for some reason, i won't give up

Firstly i couldn't update the IP list for the cloaking. After trying it worked, but after implementing everything i tested it with different proxies. They simply exclude the meta tags, so the first method didn't work. The second which bases on a htaccess redirection doesn't seem to work while testing this. Temi, may i ask you to ask one of your more knowledgable staff to examine this stuff. I thing i don't have the required knowlegde to understand this. Maybe it still works, but i was silly.

How to Defend your Website from the Google Duplicate Proxy Exploit
By Sophie White (c) 2007

There is a current and active way to knock a website out of
Google's search engine results. It's simple and effective. This
information is already in the public domain and the more people
that know about it, the more likelihood there is that Google
will do something about it. This article will tell you how it
works, how to get a website knocked out of the search engine
rankings, but most importantly, how to defend your own website
from having it happen to you.

Read more

Okay Bagi,
I will look into this when I get back to UK next week.... my connection at the moment is very poor :(

Firstly i couldn't update the IP list for the cloaking. After trying it worked, but after implementing everything i tested it with different proxies. They simply exclude the meta tags, so the first method didn't work. The second which bases on a htaccess redirection doesn't seem to work while testing this. Temi, may i ask you to ask one of your more knowledgable staff to examine this stuff. I thing i don't have the required knowlegde to understand this. Maybe it still works, but i was silly.

I asked one of my Hungarian friend to apply the script, i willl see if he more successfull than i was:D

I think he forgot about this issue, but it was his luck. At this page, you may see the solution. I implemented the .htaccess method, since proxies simply strip meta information. As result i got unrechable network at google sitemaps. The verification of the site was possible when i remove the given code from the .htaccess. So it surly recognise when the robot comes from a given URL, but maybe it handle it in the wrong way. Now at least i know how the effectivness can be tested.
Implement the solution in a new site and try to verify it at google sitemap. If the redirection work you must be able to verify.:D

I think he forgot about this issue, but it was his luck. At this page, you may see the solution. I implemented the .htaccess method, since proxies simply strip meta information. As result i got unrechable network at google sitemaps. The verification of the site was possible when i remove the given code from the .htaccess. So it surly recognise when the robot comes from a given URL, but maybe it handle it in the wrong way. Now at least i know how the effectivness can be tested.
Implement the solution in a new site and try to verify it at google sitemap. If the redirection work you must be able to verify.:D

This sounds very promising Bagi :)

Bagi,
I am extremely impressed by this, well done. I think this is too important just to add to my original post on this subject, can you please delete this and post it as new thread so that I can make it a sticky and we can promote the url to those who may be looking for this solution.
You deserve loads of reps for this :)

MI
Back