The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Google Chrome to Silence Annoying Auto-Play Videos

AF-Roger

Ever open a site in a new browser tab expecting to check it out when you have a free minute? Of course you have.

How annoying is it when that site happens to have a video or ad on it that starts playing automatically? Now you have to stop what you're doing and go over to that tab just to shut up the dang video.

Fortunately, this shouldn't be an issue with Google Chrome anymore. The browser will now "defer playback of autoplay media" until you actually visit that tab, Google's Francois Beaufort announced Wednesday. At this point, the feature is only available in the latest Chrome Dev build, but will likely make its ways to the Stable version soon.

Read more Google Chrome to Silence Annoying Auto-Play Videos | News & Opinion | PCMag.com

Thank God! Long past due!

hey, whenever I open my FB account and any video comes in the visible area of screen it starts playing by itself. If its something from FB or my browser has become over-smart? I am fond of firefox, so if there`s any solution available for me too? And please clarify if its FB behind the automatic playback of media/videos? its actually nonsense what they are doing :mad:

MI
Back