Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Google Caffeine won't be launched until after the holidays

D

djbaxter

Expect Caffeine after the holidays
By Matt Cutts
November 10, 2009

Back in August we mentioned a developer preview of Caffeine, which is new technology that improves our indexing infrastructure. The feedback on Caffeine has been very positive, so we?re ready to move from the developer preview to the next stage of the roll out: going live with Caffeine at one data center. This means that a small percentage of Google?s users will benefit from the technology behind Caffeine in their regular searches.

I know that webmasters can get anxious around this time of year, so I wanted to reassure site owners that the full Caffeine roll out will happen after the holidays. Caffeine will go live at one data center so that we can continue to collect data and improve the technology, but I don?t expect Caffeine to go live at additional data centers until after the holidays are over.

Thanks, David!

1st I saw a couple blog posts that said Caffeine was launching now and I got a little anxious. Because the Caffeine sandbox is now gone and I never checked my rankings so am not sure how 5 Star will fare after the change.

Then right after the 1st 2 posts this AM, I saw Matt's post (same as above) saying they would not roll out to all the data centers until after Holidays. Whew!

Still wish I would have checked 5 Star rankings though. I'd rest a little easier. :rolleyes:

I'm sure there will be some information published soon about how to check the specific data center where they'll be testing Caffeine.

Some Caffeine IPs have been reported.

<a href="http://www.searchnewz.com/blog/talk/sn-6-20091120CaffeineResultsFinallyStartToShow.html?utm_source=feedburner&amp;utm_medium=feed&amp;utm_campaign=Feed%3A+searchnewzcombined+%28SearchNewz%3A+Combined+RSS+Feed%29&amp;utm_content=Google+Reader">Caffeine Results Finally Start To Show</a>

MI
Back