The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Google BREAKING NEWS - Affiliates Take Note!

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Breaking Google news! Google ust sent Andy Beal detailed news about several updates to their interface and algorithm, as they move toward their new universal search model.

Basically with Google?s universal search, every time you search - Google will display Google images, Google videos, Google product links and Google news that's related to your search query on the search page.

What does that mean for affiliates and SEO? Much less room for you to get high up in the results as there will be additional Google content taking up that precious real estate in the serps that your listing could have had. There may be some hidden opportunity however for smart cookies to get up high by optimizing CONTENT like images, video and Press releases that show up in Google news.

Get the full scoop over at <a target="_new" href="http://www.marketingpilgrim.com/2007/05/breaking-google-introduces-major-update-to-interface-algorithm.html">Marketing Pilgrim</a>.

<center><strong><font color="#cc6600" face="Arial" size="2">Checked out our</font> <a href="http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/5-star-forum-news-forum-contests-awards/5687-1-000-cash-prizes-forum-anniversary-contests.html#post15757"><font color="#cc0000" face="Arial" size="2">$1,000 CONTEST</font></a><font color="#cc6600" face="Arial" size="2"> yet? :: WIN 5 Star CASH!</font></strong></center>

Don't think I'm gonna like these new changes. :( Hopefully maybe they'll let be some of their pages and people will be able to rank well naturally on some less popular keywords or phrases. Maybe will have to concentrate more on making the Yahoo, MSN, etc. little spidery guys happy.

Google has also updated their Analytics program too. You can read more on my blog at Affiliate Blogger.

I also heard on the news the Feds are saying that uTube is sucking up too much bandwidth or some such thing. Anyone read anything about that? The news reporter said they put uTube in a state of suspension?! I'd like to know what's going on there for sure!

I would rather rank in yahoo on 2 sites than google once, They are basicaly selling out to corperate america and dosing the little guy. if you search for local services (keywords) you will see more of the nationals big sites in the 1st page results. like real estate, contractors ect... on a local level.

They keep making it harder and harder for the average person to get top positions because of the complexity of their algos and they are making it harder about every 6 months.

It is already to the point to where you need a full time staff to target major keywords for google because of the diversity of the types of link structures you need to make google happy.

The general public is falling away from google because their results now are so favored that they cant find their local realtor and are going back to yahoo, The propaganda of the 60% is a bunch of bull as far as googles market share so that seo companies can charge big bucks.

If you go to alexa, Yahoo has been #1 for over 6 months. Domesticaly and international.

Alexa Web Search - Top 500 and see for yourself

MI
Back