monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Google Analytics Tool

Discussion in 'Tracking' started by johnsmth.096, Aug 26, 2008.

1. johnsmth.096

johnsmth.096 Affiliate affiliate

Based on my company current needs, I am seriously considering shifting to any advanced analytics tool (Currently using Google Analytics). I hope the community can help me choosing one.

Here is what we need to track. I will try to explain in steps for easy understanding

1. We have a lead capture form (contactus.html) and google tracking code placed on the conversion page (thankyou.html)

2. The form submitted data will get stored in our sales force software (stored as email messages).

3. Lets assume we get 10 leads (emails) in a day. Getting deeper, out of 10 emails we received, The "first 5 emails" were referrals from 'Site A' (i.e. Visitors who clicked our website URL placed on Site A, filled the form and reached conversion page). The "second 5 emails" were referred by search engines. This information can be tracked from Google Analytics (i.e., which referral has sent how many leads).

4. But when we see the 10 emails in sales force, we need to be able to identify the actual referrer of each and every email i.e.

Email 1 – referred by ‘Site A’
    Email 2 – referred by ‘Search Engine’
    Email 3 – referred by ‘Direct’
    Email 4 – referred by ‘Site A’
    Email 5 – referred by ‘Site A’
    Email 6 – referred by ‘Site A’
    Email 7 – referred by ‘CPC’
    And so on

This data would be extremely helpful for the sales team and can prepare accordingly before contacting the sender/ client.

I am not sure whether this can be tracked through google analytics using some advanced filters?

Or if you know any tool that can do this, please let me know.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers
    John

2. monetizer
  3. catches4u

catches4u Affiliate affiliate

Google Analytics is a powerful tool for monitoring all aspects of your websites traffic, from referral's to search engine activity.

4. jetpilot123

jetpilot123 Affiliate affiliate

i like to use google analytics i find it good.

5. Cryxellis

Cryxellis Affiliate affiliate

I like using it, almost complete and the information of the site's status is detailed.

6. Emilyecho

Emilyecho Affiliate affiliate

Google Analytics Tool almost contains everything I want. I use it and feel very convenient and comfortable.

7. cawn011

cawn011 Affiliate affiliate

Yup google analytics is one the best traffic monitoring tool as of today or try statcounter another reliable tool.

8. rginfotech

rginfotech Affiliate affiliate

Hi,

I Think you are doing the best with GA, and no need to change your analytics to other tool.

9. veryshant123

veryshant123 Affiliate affiliate

I've compared overall load times and up times and found GoStats best in my experience.

10. jackson1

jackson1 Affiliate affiliate

Google Analytics tool is a best tool for monitoring your websites traffic. I like to used this tool.Thanks!

11. icome

icome Affiliate affiliate

You better develop your own programme for it, you can add more features if you wish. It is very time consuming to search this in Google.

12. dulcet30

dulcet30 Affiliate affiliate

Google Analytics

Google analytics is not allowed for wordpress.com blogs.Is gostats working on that.

13. veryshant123

veryshant123 Affiliate affiliate

Analytics Tool

Yes ofcourse, Gostats.com is a wordpress hit counter that you can also use on your Wordpress.com blog as Google analytics is not allowed.

14. Pandadan

Pandadan Affiliate affiliate

but i know service that shows more detail and interesting stats

15. alexsmth114

alexsmth114 Affiliate affiliate

Easily one of the best tool for website traffic!!..

16. Royalty

Royalty Affiliate affiliate

I would say that functionality needs to be built into the form on each site using a hidden input field that describes the site that gathered the information. That would require some javascript code. Hope that makes some sense.

17. smithon56

smithon56 Affiliate affiliate

you have all shared helpful info about Google analytic tool thank you

2 people like this.
  18. alexsmth114

alexsmth114 Affiliate affiliate

The most important tool for monitoring traffic!!..

2 people like this.
  19. healthtourism

healthtourism Affiliate affiliate

Yes you can track this on google analytics, just go to details section.

2 people like this.
  20. franklin4005

franklin4005 Affiliate affiliate

Its very easy. You can easily find using Google analytics. i will tell you clearly. once you seen & received the URL thankyou.html. just click that particle url and top of the menu bar one drop down menu is there. just click & select the SOURCE option.. you can view everything..

2 people like this.
  21. healthtourism

healthtourism Affiliate affiliate

very useful info.

2 people like this.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI