The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

getting referrals

eh2zed

I am convinced the successful people are getting referrals daily for free but I can't figure out how. I've tried manual surf, auto surfs I even tried buying "guaranteed signups" (2 bucks for 10 just to see if it works) and I have to date NO referrals in my downlines. Am I correct that I'm missing something somewhere or do I have to **** it up and pay for it.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hi eh2zed,

If you are talking referrals and downlines you are talking MLM.
This is not an MLM forum, it's an affiliate forum. BIG difference!

But ways of getting traffic are similar. Only good FREE way to get traffic
is through a good web site with SEO (search engine optimiation). It takes time and knowledge but it's the best way.

Traffic exchanges and auto surf and all that stuff is just IMers trying to capitalize on other IMers and newbies. It does not usually work well if at all and is not a sustaniable buiness model.

Have you tried REAL affiliate marketing? Do you know anything about site building and SEO?

Yeah I always get my stuff mixed up. I dabble in paid to read emails but I am convinced its the affiliate marketing thats gonna make me any sort of serious money. After I made the first post here I went to cj and noticed I had my first 4 sales so all is not lost. I am familiar with site building but not so much SEO. I bought traffic for one of my affiliates and I'm getting lots of hits but so far zero sales which is really frustrating for over 1500 hits.

eh2zed said:
...I've tried manual surf, auto surfs I even tried buying "guaranteed signups" (2 bucks for 10 just to see if it works)...
Linda is 100% correct. Please steer clear of auto surf and "guaranteed signups", "paid traffic" and all that jazz.

THEY ARE GARBAGE.

For autosurf they simply rotate your framed web page where another zombie stares blankly at your page for 15 seconds while waiting for the next site to load. They'll then be rewarded with another exposure credit so some other zombies can stare blankly at their monitor. I despise these programs that prey on the junior marketer.

Paid Traffic...there's another one that really irritates me to no end. What type of "traffic" do you suppose these faulty "traffic brokers" are sending you?

"Traffic brokers" buy their "traffic" wholesale from other "traffic wholesalers" who provide the tracking software etc. Most of the time this is redirected traffic.

Would you buy from a site you were dumped on rather than where you expected to be and one that may not even be what you were looking for? Probaby not.

Thats why seerch traffic is BEST. Either natural search or PPC. With search traffic, people are looking for what you sell if you position things right, instead of just getting generic traffic that isnt interested in buying anything, just trying to rack up points for some scheme or viewing your site in hopes they will get more traffic to THEIR site.

banners
Back