The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Getresponse bounce rate

bfreedom

affiliate
hello...

i noticed the bounce rate on my getresponse account are getting higher. I did some search on warrior form and other blogs and people are experiencing bad delivery rates as well.

anyone here experiencing high bounce rates with getreponse?

Hotmail, Outlook.com. and a number of others are likely part of the issue. Soft bounce issues can occur when the IP sending the email has a low reputation. Get a hold of customer support of and asked them to replace your IP. This may help for a while.

Also consider that some autoresponder companies are better for some types of mailings over others. For example, some are better for news letters, some are more geared towards transactional emails, etc.

As an example, MailChimp for News Letters is awesome, not so much for affiliate stuff. Mandrill is awesome for transactional emails. Both owned by the same company, but both have clear and well defined intent in the market place.

GetResponse has, for many months this year, had issues with bounces. I also have read many complaints regarding this issue with them. However, it isn't just with them. Several others, well known and not, have been under seige by GMail, HotMail, and Outlook.com.

More and more, any affiliate type emails are going to be tough to deliver because the industry has worn out the email recipients by sharing optin lists and pounding the end user.

It may be time for reexamining your email templates and content. In addition, it's a great idea to have the autoresponder service change your email IP at least a couple times a year.

Personally, I stopped sending emails with affiliate links a couple of years ago. I send newsletters with links to "continue reading" and links to videos. Since I adopted this method, my open rates went up and my bounce rates dropped in half.

thanks for the input tjtutor.....

I agree with not sending raw affiliate links....a while back, purchased domain name for my tracker and cloak links with it.

interesting .....i went through my email of all the guru's newsletters I'm signed up for and most use infusionsoft and some ontraport, but at $300 per month, out of my league for the present. A couple use amazon and the rest interesting aweber.....Wow an eye opener nobody was using getresponse.... think gona give Aweber a shot

i also found out that aweber approves a 3rd party software called AW pro, which does segmentation, list clean up, tagging customers and more for only $30 a month.

death of free email address used as "from" address.

ok....signed up with aweber today and they had the integrity to tell me upfront that the free email providers, yahoo, aol, gmail, etc will kill
Email Deliverability. Changes happened early this year.

Check out their post:
Want to Get Your Emails Delivered? Fix This Today | Email Marketing Tips

need to get email address with @your own website
.com address from here on in.

getresponse does nothing to tell you of these changes.

Last edited:
It's also not a bad idea to add whitelisting instructions to your emails. There are several free services on the web that will generate the code to add the instructions to your emails.

We use always standard domains and bounce rates are pretty low. And from time to time we do check our templates to make some adjustments.

Domains are pretty cheap these days , so have one for your use. Good luck and hope your bounce rate goes down soon :)

We use always standard domains and bounce rates are pretty low. And from time to time we do check our templates to make some adjustments.

Domains are pretty cheap these days , so have one for your use. Good luck and hope your bounce rate goes down soon :)
Dude this topic was somewhere in 2014.

MI
Back