The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“AdsEmpire”/  Direct Affiliate

Geo tagging news

epatterson

affiliate
I heard somewhere reasontaly that Geo tagging posts with your links in, via Social Media Platforms, was helping to boost websites SERP position.

Has anyone got any news on this?

As far as I could work out from the snippit of information I found it seems to work the same way as linking with sites of the same country of origin. But I am really not sure. Anyone pointing me in the right direction would be great.

Does anyone have any new information on the Geo tagging in general?

Google has stated that they no longer pay any attention to geo-tagging meta tags because they are so easily fudged. Even when they did, it wasn't a ranking factor per se, but might help to determine location for Google Local/Places and regional Googles.

Ah ha, see I have been trying to pin that down for ages. I kept hearing a little rumour here and a small lie there. One guy was swearing blind that his geo tagging on twitter was improving his rating but I was really not sure about it.

I'm not sure I understand what he (you) mean by "geo-tagging twitter", which is why I specified the geo-location meta tags. How is he (you) doing that exactly?

MI
Back