The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Generics banners and landers for

Issac

affiliate
First off all thanks for the answer, for the posts at STM and for your blog

To have a clear view of the user intention and the real worth of offers I use to begin my camps with generic banners.

In a scenario where I try to test 5 or 6 offers from the same vertical, I have two questions here:

1. Is there another way, than use generic banners, if I´m testing 4 different sweepstakes (Av or games). Is an option to create a bunch of banners for each offer, is it worth?. What another way can I test a group of offers in a mobile display environment?
  2. In the same way. What is the best approach with the landers?
    1. Don´t use pages until you have a good offer.
    2. Use landers from the very beginning, from 5 to 10. If all the offers are games, but from different categories, I can´t think what the plan can be. What is the proper approach of the landers if one, is a strategy game, another is war game, another football, another fashion ... Have I to create a generic lander about "Get the best games for mobile today" and use the images of all games?. Any other idea?

Thanks for your time

Issac

Generic banners are known for high CTRs, that's why we are actually using them, cause they can deliver a ton of clicks quickly and for a cheap price. We also know, that these generics don't usually produce a good CVR. This means, they are good for testing offers, but it's pretty hard to actually make profit with them, unless you have a very good offer or a very cheap traffic source.

You have to realize one thing, you can have the best banner in the world, but if the offer is poor, it will not convert anyways. There can be some problem with the flow, there could be technical problems, some illogical step in the signup process. So the first thing that you need to do, when looking for an offer to promote, is to weed out such flawed offers. And that is something you can do with generic banners. Once you find a winning offer by using Generic banners, you should create banners that are related just to that offer, which should increase your CVR a lot.

So to give you an answer :

1. Generics can work for mass testing offers indeed, even without a landing page. You're only looking for offers that are working, at this stage. So take generic banners, throw that traffic at the offers and see which of them were able to convert. Once you know what offers show promise, build banners and LPs for them - you don't have to build a separate set for every offer, build them for niches/verticals. So one for AV, one for Sweeps ...

2. It's pretty much the same with Landing Pages. You can use generic landing pages when testing offers, but to really make it work, you usually have to build dedicated LPs. A generic LP for games would use a headline like : "Best Game in 2017", that can convert several categories. And to increase conversions, you will have to narrow it down more : "Best Strategy Game in 2017 as per League of Legends fans".

I wouldn't use small images of all the games on the LP, what works for people is some "sexy" image or a video of some game characters ... I'm sure you've seen those. People can get all kinds of games all over the net, you have to make them believe, that the one you are promoting is special somehow ... and looks like sex sells even in this vertical :)

Thanks for the detailed explanations. This can define an entire workflow of how to test offers.

Great again Matuloo.

Issac

@Matuloo, I have some questions, being reading your blog and it hs given the basic of mobile affiliae mrketing. One struggle I still face is that I have barely any coding skill. So, what would you advice to do when trying to make banners and LP's for mobile offers? I see an offer that allows mobile, desktop and tablet.

Do I just make sure the offer's LP loads for the mentioned device properly and rip it and make some changes? Also, let's say I rip an offers LP, it comes downloaded in different file form, how do I put it all back together, make the changes I want and put up on my VPS?

I know this might be a very technical question, but I was hoping you could share some info and also point me in the right direction, either to a guibe or a blog post out there.

@Matuloo, I have some questions, being reading your blog and it hs given the basic of mobile affiliae mrketing. One struggle I still face is that I have barely any coding skill. So, what would you advice to do when trying to make banners and LP's for mobile offers? I see an offer that allows mobile, desktop and tablet.

Do I just make sure the offer's LP loads for the mentioned device properly and rip it and make some changes? Also, let's say I rip an offers LP, it comes downloaded in different file form, how do I put it all back together, make the changes I want and put up on my VPS?

I know this might be a very technical question, but I was hoping you could share some info and also point me in the right direction, either to a guibe or a blog post out there.

Yup, you need to make sure that the LPs load fine for all devices that you want to target - you can either make a responsive LP or make variations for each device. The problem is, it's not really possible to tell you how to do it in a forum post.

As you correctly mentioned, this requires some coding skills. Your best bet is to use services like upwork or fiverr and try to find a freelancer that can do this for you for a few bucks.

Or learn how to code :) ... which is the more time consuming solution of course. I personally can't code either, that's why I'm using the services of a coder, to do this for me.

Yup, you need to make sure that the LPs load fine for all devices that you want to target - you can either make a responsive LP or make variations for each device. The problem is, it's not really possible to tell you how to do it in a forum post.

As you correctly mentioned, this requires some coding skills. Your best bet is to use services like upwork or fiverr and try to find a freelancer that can do this for you for a few bucks.

Or learn how to code :) ... which is the more time consuming solution of course. I personally can't code either, that's why I'm using the services of a coder, to do this for me.

Thanks

MI
Back