The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

G'day from down-under

ajaussiemale

affiliate
G'day to everyone from sunny Australia (he says as the rain buckets down outside and its currently 3.30am :eek: )

I am very new to all this, so you may not see many posts from me till the questions start to arise,,,,,,,,lol.
Oh, one question for now. How does one get registered with CJ etc, when one does not have a website?
I find this confusing that I must have a website before I can register, but the programs I have seen insist on the applicant giving their URL before you can register.
What I had in mind (and I am sure I am not the first to think of it), was to look at the Merchants available, lets say what merchants Commision Junction has, decide on which merchant I want to represent, then design my own website based purely on that merchant and their goods. To me this makes much more sense and would be more beneficial to the merchant AND the third party involved, than them relying on me selling their product when I would probably use different keywords and phrases to what I might use on a site specifically dedicated to that merchant. In other words, I am not looking to make money from just banners etc. If I go into this, I am going to be serious about it.
All suggestions and advice will be greatly appreciated.
AJ

G'day to ya Mate,

You couldn't hear me but that was my best Aussie accent! ;)

Welcome to the 5 Star forums and I hope we can help you learn and get going.

I believe you can set up a CJ account without having a web site, because some people only use PPC or email marketing. Did you try submitting without a web site or is it a required field? If the field is required then just submit it with my site and address and CJ can pay me your commish!

Kidding. Just go get a free site from a free host, so you have a site to enter in the application. Besure when you get a real site to change it because many merchants won't approve you if you only have a freebie site.

Hope this helps and best of luck!

MI
Back