The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Gambling Affiliates Take Over?

Linda Buquet

affiliate
I blogged today about an article that Clickz put out titled "Get Ready for the Big Gambling Affiliate Takeover"

From the 5 Star Affiliate Blogs
? Will All the Gambling Affiliates Invade Our Space?
"Affiliates and managers are concerned about gambling affiliates invading the retail affiliate space and creating stiff competition for traditional affiliates, due to the legislation outlawing U.S. online gambling."

http://affiliate-blogs.5staraffiliateprograms.com/2006/10/13/gambling-affiliates-invade/

What do affiliates and affiliate managers think about what was in the Clickz article??? Anyone worried?

I don't think it's something that affiliates should be overly worried about at the moment.

Switching from the gaming to retail sector involves a lot of research and adapting of one's sites (or more likely, creating whole new sites altogether). The huge difference in commission structure/payout is another factor that will discourage many gaming affiliates in the beginning, and keep them from 'taking over' in one quick swoop. The potential is definitely there to make the same kind of money, but I don't think that they necessarily realize this...

If you take a peek at some of the online gaming affiliate forums, you'll see that the whole industry is very unsettled at the moment and many things are still up in the air, so if there is some cross over, I think it will happen gradually at first, and gain a bit more steam once the dust as settled (over the next 9 months, while the industry sorts itself out).

These are just my opinions, anyone else have any thoughts? :)

banners
Back