The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “RollerAds”/

Ask Me Anything Full-Time Super Affiliate (Money, Cars, Women, Booze) - Ask me anything :)

Hey Nick, Im pretty new to internet marketing and everything I see on the net says I should start out with CPA. The kind of campaign I had an idea of doing I feel like is taboo from what I keep seeing on these different networks. Nick, tell me if I was promoting a CPA offer for photography product, why can't I go into lets say some photography Facebook group and create a post stating that the first 5,000 people that click on my link and leave there info i.e. name and email on my site will become eligible to win a brand new Nikon? Won't that bring in 5000 "targeted" leads much faster and cheaper than running some ppc campaign that doesn't really guarantee as many leads if any at all? Why do networks have a beef with getting leads in that way? I know many people will sign up just for the camera, but remember these people willingly joined a photography Facebook group. Who's more targeted than that? Thanks! Sean

Thanks for doing an AMA Nick!

Are you capturing data for emailing later at all? Also, any remarketing campaigns on Adwords or FB?

why can't I go into lets say some photography Facebook group and create a post stating that the first 5,000 people that click on my link and leave there info i.e. name and email on my site will become eligible to win a brand new Nikon?Why do networks have a beef with getting leads in that way?

Hi Sean - it's actually very simple: these leads are generally resold to a merchant who will contact the customer to try and sell his services or products. The problem however is that these people only had the intention of winning a brand new camera ... which makes them not very interested in buying anything what the merchant has to offer.

Remember, ultimately it is the merchant who pays for these leads and if he can't make a profit (which is very unlikely if the leads are generated through such an incentivised method) then he will complain to the network about bad lead quality. Therefore stick to PPC and don't get tempted by incentivising the offers. You will build a much more sustainable business model that way ;)

Thanks for doing an AMA Nick!

Are you capturing data for emailing later at all? Also, any remarketing campaigns on Adwords or FB?

No probs - nope, all data is sold with all remarketing rights so I can't reuse any emails that way. But they pay a lot per lead anyway so there's no real need to do it.

I do Adwords and FB yes including all the tools of the trade at my disposal. You just have to keep a close eye on cost per acquisition so it doesn't exceed what you are being paid. The rest is all profit.

Hi @badboy_nick and thanks for doing this.

1. Do you create your own landing pages or do you send users direct to ones the network?

2. Do you capture your own leads?

3. How do you pick your offers? Is there any that you look at and know this one would work/fail?

4. How much do you generally spend on an offer to see if its working? When do you decide to move on?

Regards,
Dave

Hi Sean - it's actually very simple: these leads are generally resold to a merchant who will contact the customer to try and sell his services or products. The problem however is that these people only had the intention of winning a brand new camera ... which makes them not very interested in buying anything what the merchant has to offer.

Remember, ultimately it is the merchant who pays for these leads and if he can't make a profit (which is very unlikely if the leads are generated through such an incentivised method) then he will complain to the network about bad lead quality. Therefore stick to PPC and don't get tempted by incentivising the offers. You will build a much more sustainable business model that way ;)
I get what your saying Nick if I did the photography contest campaign on a random site, but I would run the campaign on a photography ''Facebook group''. What makes leads that I get running a google campaign for people that are clicking on photography keywords any better leads than my photography Facebook group leads?? With the FB group I already know these people are very much into photography, therefore are probably just as likely to purchase a good or service as photography PPC traffic. Am I wrong?

1. Do you create your own landing pages or do you send users direct to ones the network? 2. Do you capture your own leads? 3. How do you pick your offers? Is there any that you look at and know this one would work/fail? 4. How much do you generally spend on an offer to see if its working? When do you decide to move on?

1) I build my own and send the leads directly
2) Yes
3) I stick to finance, investment, property, claims - these tend to pay the most
4) I generally test about £400 per product to see if it's viable. If I don't hit an instant profit I generally tweak it by weeding out the non-performing keywords. That usually ensures I make a decent ROI as you always tend to spend more early on as you need to gather data. After that, you can pick your winning keywords and take it from there.

What makes leads that I get running a google campaign for people that are clicking on photography keywords any better leads than my photography Facebook group leads?? Am I wrong?

Yes - the key here is the WAY you promote it. Let's say your merchant is selling cameras and you feed him leads of customers looking to buy his products. If you offer anyone who signs up to this promotional prize-draw a chance to win a free camera, the leads you generate will most likely be junk as the intention of anyone applying is to win something for free and not buy something. But if you take away that free incentive and swap it with something like "20% online discount through my site instead of going direct when you buy any camera, call us today" ... then it's a whole different ballgame and the merchant will receive much better quality leads.

The "trick" is to never incentivise the product by handing out free giveaways but provide a unique selling point that doesn't change a customers intention of buying or inquiring about the product. There is a difference :)

Yes - the key here is the WAY you promote it. Let's say your merchant is selling cameras and you feed him leads of customers looking to buy his products. If you offer anyone who signs up to this promotional prize-draw a chance to win a free camera, the leads you generate will most likely be junk as the intention of anyone applying is to win something for free and not buy something. But if you take away that free incentive and swap it with something like "20% online discount through my site instead of going direct when you buy any camera, call us today" ... then it's a whole different ballgame and the merchant will receive much better quality leads.

The "trick" is to never incentivise the product by handing out free giveaways but provide a unique selling point that doesn't change a customers intention of buying or inquiring about the product. There is a difference :)
I got it! Thanks Nick, you da man!

1) I build my own and send the leads directly
2) Yes
3) I stick to finance, investment, property, claims - these tend to pay the most
4) I generally test about £400 per product to see if it's viable. If I don't hit an instant profit I generally tweak it by weeding out the non-performing keywords. That usually ensures I make a decent ROI as you always tend to spend more early on as you need to gather data. After that, you can pick your winning keywords and take it from there.

Thanks for the response. All affiliate marketers do this, and I dont get it :( Why you have your own landing page if you are going to forward them on straight away to the offers landing page? do you include items on your landing page missing from the offer's landing page?

What do you suggest a newbie gets started with? And what would you say is the most important thing to learn - a traffic source, landing pages, or something else?

There is just so much to learn its really difficult to know where to concentrate on.

Hello! I am relatively newer to affiliate marketing and I just want to know what is the best way to get clients and of course good afflilates to help me sell. Our payout is relatively generous + good reviews and we have only started our program in September 2016. Do you have any tips on how to attract customers?

If you can,check out our website is (I have not enough user permission to do that but you can google leirol capital) or if we can PM each other that would be very sweet!

Hello! I am relatively newer to affiliate marketing and I just want to know what is the best way to get clients

Google Adwords - hands down the best traffic source with the highest quality. BING is also not bad but Google has a ton more traffic volume. Try these 2 PPC platforms first and I'll guarantee you will increase your client volumes from day one ;)

To combat this, you will need to send the leads directly to the merchant's system through special php forms. That usually does the trick and won't violate any of Google's PPC policies as you control your own website.

Okay can you give an insight on how you do this exactly? Thanks so much!

I can vouch for Nick having known him for several years, he knows his stuff and is completely legit. Sometimes it's difficult in the online marketing space to separate what actually works as a viable business model from what is a scam. From previous experience I can say with 100% certainty that this is no scam, it is a model that really works and that surprisingly few affiliates (in the big scheme of things) know about or have dared to try.

Mike

TNX you all for this Gold thread, one thing to clarify: after we collect the leads - where to sell them? are you reaching out business owners directly via email? or there is market platform for realtime auctions? i know that leads getting cold very quickly so this proccess got to be very quick for the costumer. thanks

Sure. You build a site and place your own php forms that send leads directly in their API. I usually just get my coder to do it then send through a test lead to ensure everything is working. After that, make sure to install Adwords and BING Conversion tracking codes and voila, that's it.

thanks for all the info
so hte funnel is like this?:

Adwords/Bing > LP with php capture form > redirect to CPA offer?

is this complaint with adwords/bing?

Thank you soo much for sharing

Adwords/Bing > LP with php capture form > redirect to CPA offer?

is this complaint with adwords/bing?

No - there is no redirection here. The Landing page with the php form captures the lead and sends it directly - so no redirection to another CPA offer somewhere else. Once the customer hits that submit button, he sees a thank you page and I get paid ;)

But yes, this is fully compliant with Adwords/BING as never had any issues that way.

Hi Nick, your thread has been a Godsend at a time I really needed. I have had poor results using BING and maxbounty as the cost per click is almost the same as the offer so it breaks even. Can you reveal some typical costs per click you pay fo bing for say something like an insurance offer. I know they pay alot per lead but I have trouble getting aproved for the high payout offers as I haven't made a single payment and I've een doing it for 3 years! What would you advise for somebody in my situation please. Do you have any training on BING and cpa - I need some training. Thnks

MI
Back