The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

From traditional web to mobile

KennyT

affiliate
Hey fellas,

Long time lurker here and newbie affiliate marketer. Just had a quick question regarding mobile vs web. A year ago I began my first and last campaign which lasted a whole 2 months promoting dating offers from Peerfly using Sitescout. Managed to spend ~$1000 in advertising (not including overheads) and made ~$1500 out of it which convinced me that this industry was legit. Anw, long story short, was balancing it with a very heavy study load at uni which eventually led to my campaigns drying out as I had to focus on my studies.

Now I'm in the boat where the bulk of my study load is finally about to ease off in a month's time, which made me start dreaming (seriously) about affiliate marketing again. I've decided to just be patient and do my due diligence for the month, reading as much as I can and getting used to all the different programs and systems required once again (tracking, photoshop, dreamweaver, applying for mobile CPA networks etc), to prepare myself for when the time comes to launch my next campaign.

Which brings me to my question; I believe mobile is the future. Or as Charles Ngo puts it "... go where the money is". Hence I would like to know if the principles I employed previously are viable for mobile? (display advertising on an RTB platform) Or are the ad platforms and systems a completely different ball game altogether?

tldr: Is mobile advertising similar enough to desktop advertising?

Any responses would be awesome. Cheers!

Hey fellas,

Long time lurker here and newbie affiliate marketer. Just had a quick question regarding mobile vs web. A year ago I began my first and last campaign which lasted a whole 2 months promoting dating offers from Peerfly using Sitescout. Managed to spend ~$1000 in advertising (not including overheads) and made ~$1500 out of it which convinced me that this industry was legit. Anw, long story short, was balancing it with a very heavy study load at uni which eventually led to my campaigns drying out as I had to focus on my studies.

Now I'm in the boat where the bulk of my study load is finally about to ease off in a month's time, which made me start dreaming (seriously) about affiliate marketing again. I've decided to just be patient and do my due diligence for the month, reading as much as I can and getting used to all the different programs and systems required once again (tracking, photoshop, dreamweaver, applying for mobile CPA networks etc), to prepare myself for when the time comes to launch my next campaign.

Which brings me to my question; I believe mobile is the future. Or as Charles Ngo puts it "... go where the money is". Hence I would like to know if the principles I employed previously are viable for mobile? (display advertising on an RTB platform) Or are the ad platforms and systems a completely different ball game altogether?

tldr: Is mobile advertising similar enough to desktop advertising?

Any responses would be awesome. Cheers!

"Mobile is the future", you're right. Every more people are using mobile to navigate on the Internet, instead of the computers. As the number of users increases more and more companies are creating mobile sites to promote their services.
The advertising process is very similar with the one you are used to, but there are some differences: > it is possible to recognize better who is user as it has the mobile number associated as well as other type of informations; > the landing page should not have a lot of information, it is not just about transforming a desktop page into a mobile page, some adjustments are needed; > there are much more ads formats because of the several screen sizes the mobiles devices can have; > you can make more targets: by carrier, by device, etc.; > the competition is increasing.

Which kind of mobile campaigns are you planning to launch?

MI
Back