monetizer expertmobi
Dismiss Notice
Welcome to Our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

From beginner affiliate to network owner - How did it happen?

Discussion in 'General Affiliate Marketing Forum' started by CPAInfinitySteve, Aug 3, 2014.

1. CPAInfinitySteve

CPAInfinitySteve Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Stephen Stepanik from CPA Infinity. At the time of this post - I'm 21 years old, going on 22 this year.

// Edit start //
    I was looking through old pictures a few minutes after posting this and saw a quote I put on a picture that was from a song.
    "I lost a lot of good friends on the way, that's why I try harder everyday"
    It seemed fitting to this so I figured I would post it.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwIL4hZSCAc
    // Edit End //

I've been doing Internet Marketing virtually all of my life. Ever since I had the first thought of "I need money" I turned to computers and thought "there has to be some way to make money off of this."

For a brief background on myself - I've been on computers since I was around 5 years old.

To get right to it - when I hit the "I need money age" - for me it was around 12/13 years old. I stumbled upon the standard Paid To Click websites such as Bux.To and Adf.ly - websites such as those. Around that age - I was already programming for a few years I knew a fair amount of Visual Basic 6.0 and a decent amount of C++ and Java. I created a program that automatically logged in to my bux.to account and clicked on the ad's for the most part - I was still sitting here watching them, but I just didn't move the mouse. It was all Artificial intelligence so to speak.

At some point between 13 and 16 I stumbled upon an article website called Triond and Bukisa. Around the same time I also stumbled upon wordpress and something called the "spintax". For those of you that don't know what "spintax" is - it's when you do something like {this | that} and it selects a random word. From there I used my programming knowledge to spin articles for me. I also learned about autoblogging around the same time as well as RSS feeds. I took "open" RSS feeds and fed them in to the wordpress blog that I had set to private so the articles where not indexed. I used my programming knowledge to pull the articles, titles, and keywords from wordpress and in to the program, it then spun them and automatically submitted them to Triond. From there - the articles generated a bit of revenue but over time as more where submitted more revenue was generated. It was my first taste at autoblogging, somewhat. It was also the first payment I received from making money online.

Around the same time that I found out about Triond - I found out about my first affiliate venture more or less - it was through AdultFriendFinder.
    At that time I was first learning about sending out emails and I sent out email through adult friend finder and earned a bit of money. I won't disclose how much - but it was enough to get my teeth sunk even deeper in to the industry we all know and love.

In around the same time as AFF and Triond - I found out about autoblogging - I don't remember which order they came in (Triond, AFF and AutoBlogging - it's all a blur) it was around that time that I learned about Google Adsense. I took the previous knowledge from Triond to Autoblogging. I started out with one blog, then the money that was made with that one blog - I then took that and purchased more blogs and kept growing my autoblogging empire. Each blog wasn't earning much, around $1-2 per day while knowing nothing about SEO, what the term meant or anything of the sorts. All I knew was that I was obviously doing something right as money was coming in from Triond, AFF, and Google Adsense and no one was complaining.

I still remember it like it was yesterday - going to the bank with my mother around the age of 15 or so and handing the teller a check, the conversation went as follows -
    Teller: "Is this real?"
    Me: "yes"
    Teller: "If this bounces you will be held accountable"
    Me: "I'm aware of that"

Every month that the checks came in - the same teller cashed them and thought it wasn't real each and every time.

After my autoblogs died down and I didn't know how to update them - I then stumbled upon CPA around the age of 15 / 16 - I took my previous skills of emailing with AFF and figured I'd email some CPA offers - it worked out fairly well, but it breaks my heart that the first network I ever joined - AdvertMarketing is no longer around.

Around the age of 17 I had internal bleeding in my left eye which caused temporary blindness - it happened several times from 17 to 18.
    During the time span of 17 to 18 - I was still emailing under several CPA Network's I don't remember which ones they where off-hand.

During my teens - between 15 and 17 I played video games on computers - while making the money I was with Triond, Autoblogging, and AFF - I always wanted to own a company. I had several startups that turned in to failures after a few months such as a TeamSpeak host, a Ventrillo host (VoIP group chats), a webhosting company, and several others that where just flops as I had no experience nor the mindset to run a company.

At the age of 17 / 18 I started a search engine more-or-less called InfoIndex.net - it was a catalog of the internet.
    It was structured as follows -
    Technology
    - Handheld Electronics
    - - Cameras
    - - - Nikon
    - - - - Lenses
    - - - - Straps

Everything was structured as neat as possible for the users ease of use.

At the age of 18 I started CPA Infinity and this year I started Lead Total. In the coming years I plan to launch several other companies inside and outside of the Internet Marketing space.

For those of you who think it's impossible to make money online - it is not impossible, no matter where you come from.
    I live in Hazleton, Pennsylavnia. It's a town that was built on coal banks.
    Where you are from does not determine where you will be.

If any of you have questions or would like proof of anything - I will be glad to show it as I have proof of most of what I've done.

This post I would hope motivates any of you to chase your dreams to leave your 9 to 5 or to expand and chase your dreams of being your own boss and having financial freedom.

Any questions - feel free to post them here, contact me on Skype, Aim, Linkedin or via Facebook.

AIM: cpainfinity
    Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stephen.stepanik
    Linkedin: Stephen Stepanik | LinkedIn

Last edited: Aug 3, 2014
    2 people like this.
  2. monetizer
  3. K

K Administrator Administrator affiliate

It's a great story mate and one everyone can learn from.

4. azgold

azgold Moderator moderator affiliate

Great story, Steve. Thanks for sharing, it's inspirational.

By the way, those weren't failures, they were lessons that will lead you to do things right and succeed. :)

5. btmdario

btmdario Moderator moderator Affiliate Manager affiliate

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

6. CPAInfinitySteve

CPAInfinitySteve Affiliate Manager Affiliate Manager affiliate

@k
    Thank you.

@azgold
    In my eyes - they were not necessarily failure's they where simply failed ideas that will be revisited at a later date. As one personal goal of mine was to own a hosting company. Some people have that one "thing" they just want to have - for me, it's a hosting company.

@darster
    You're welcome.

I hope this enlightened everyone that nothing is simply "overnight success" - it takes years of high's and lows and eventually you'll find a happy medium.

Featured Resources (View All)

MI