The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

From beginner affiliate to network owner - How did it happen?

• Thread starter CPAInfinitySteve
  • Start date
C

CPAInfinitySteve

For those of you that don't know me, I'm Stephen Stepanik from CPA Infinity. At the time of this post - I'm 21 years old, going on 22 this year.

// Edit start //
I was looking through old pictures a few minutes after posting this and saw a quote I put on a picture that was from a song.
"I lost a lot of good friends on the way, that's why I try harder everyday"
It seemed fitting to this so I figured I would post it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zwIL4hZSCAc
// Edit End //

I've been doing Internet Marketing virtually all of my life. Ever since I had the first thought of "I need money" I turned to computers and thought "there has to be some way to make money off of this."

For a brief background on myself - I've been on computers since I was around 5 years old.

To get right to it - when I hit the "I need money age" - for me it was around 12/13 years old. I stumbled upon the standard Paid To Click websites such as Bux.To and Adf.ly - websites such as those. Around that age - I was already programming for a few years I knew a fair amount of Visual Basic 6.0 and a decent amount of C++ and Java. I created a program that automatically logged in to my bux.to account and clicked on the ad's for the most part - I was still sitting here watching them, but I just didn't move the mouse. It was all Artificial intelligence so to speak.

At some point between 13 and 16 I stumbled upon an article website called Triond and Bukisa. Around the same time I also stumbled upon wordpress and something called the "spintax". For those of you that don't know what "spintax" is - it's when you do something like {this | that} and it selects a random word. From there I used my programming knowledge to spin articles for me. I also learned about autoblogging around the same time as well as RSS feeds. I took "open" RSS feeds and fed them in to the wordpress blog that I had set to private so the articles where not indexed. I used my programming knowledge to pull the articles, titles, and keywords from wordpress and in to the program, it then spun them and automatically submitted them to Triond. From there - the articles generated a bit of revenue but over time as more where submitted more revenue was generated. It was my first taste at autoblogging, somewhat. It was also the first payment I received from making money online.

Around the same time that I found out about Triond - I found out about my first affiliate venture more or less - it was through AdultFriendFinder.
At that time I was first learning about sending out emails and I sent out email through adult friend finder and earned a bit of money. I won't disclose how much - but it was enough to get my teeth sunk even deeper in to the industry we all know and love.

In around the same time as AFF and Triond - I found out about autoblogging - I don't remember which order they came in (Triond, AFF and AutoBlogging - it's all a blur) it was around that time that I learned about Google Adsense. I took the previous knowledge from Triond to Autoblogging. I started out with one blog, then the money that was made with that one blog - I then took that and purchased more blogs and kept growing my autoblogging empire. Each blog wasn't earning much, around $1-2 per day while knowing nothing about SEO, what the term meant or anything of the sorts. All I knew was that I was obviously doing something right as money was coming in from Triond, AFF, and Google Adsense and no one was complaining.

I still remember it like it was yesterday - going to the bank with my mother around the age of 15 or so and handing the teller a check, the conversation went as follows -
Teller: "Is this real?"
Me: "yes"
Teller: "If this bounces you will be held accountable"
Me: "I'm aware of that"

Every month that the checks came in - the same teller cashed them and thought it wasn't real each and every time.

After my autoblogs died down and I didn't know how to update them - I then stumbled upon CPA around the age of 15 / 16 - I took my previous skills of emailing with AFF and figured I'd email some CPA offers - it worked out fairly well, but it breaks my heart that the first network I ever joined - AdvertMarketing is no longer around.

Around the age of 17 I had internal bleeding in my left eye which caused temporary blindness - it happened several times from 17 to 18.
During the time span of 17 to 18 - I was still emailing under several CPA Network's I don't remember which ones they where off-hand.

During my teens - between 15 and 17 I played video games on computers - while making the money I was with Triond, Autoblogging, and AFF - I always wanted to own a company. I had several startups that turned in to failures after a few months such as a TeamSpeak host, a Ventrillo host (VoIP group chats), a webhosting company, and several others that where just flops as I had no experience nor the mindset to run a company.

At the age of 17 / 18 I started a search engine more-or-less called InfoIndex.net - it was a catalog of the internet.
It was structured as follows -
Technology
- Handheld Electronics
- - Cameras
- - - Nikon
- - - - Lenses
- - - - Straps

Everything was structured as neat as possible for the users ease of use.

At the age of 18 I started CPA Infinity and this year I started Lead Total. In the coming years I plan to launch several other companies inside and outside of the Internet Marketing space.

For those of you who think it's impossible to make money online - it is not impossible, no matter where you come from.
I live in Hazleton, Pennsylavnia. It's a town that was built on coal banks.
Where you are from does not determine where you will be.

If any of you have questions or would like proof of anything - I will be glad to show it as I have proof of most of what I've done.

This post I would hope motivates any of you to chase your dreams to leave your 9 to 5 or to expand and chase your dreams of being your own boss and having financial freedom.

Any questions - feel free to post them here, contact me on Skype, Aim, Linkedin or via Facebook.

AIM: cpainfinity
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/stephen.stepanik
Linkedin: Stephen Stepanik | LinkedIn

Last edited by a moderator:
Great story, Steve. Thanks for sharing, it's inspirational.

By the way, those weren't failures, they were lessons that will lead you to do things right and succeed. :)

@k
Thank you.

@azgold
In my eyes - they were not necessarily failure's they where simply failed ideas that will be revisited at a later date. As one personal goal of mine was to own a hosting company. Some people have that one "thing" they just want to have - for me, it's a hosting company.

@darster
You're welcome.

I hope this enlightened everyone that nothing is simply "overnight success" - it takes years of high's and lows and eventually you'll find a happy medium.

MI
Back