The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

FREE Affiliate Training - Genuine Good Stuff ONLY!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linda Buquet

affiliate
Hi Guys,

Decided to start a new stickie and need your help. :)

So many n00bs want to know the best way to get started and many of them need free resources. Plus some of you OLD DAWGS could even learn a few new tricks.

So I'm starting this section for free training resources. I know there have been other good one listed here in the forum and there are some "out there" I've seen but have not posted yet. Please help me by linking to QUALITY free training and resources here or elsewhere so we have a place to point newbies to. to help them get started.

WARNING - DO NOT POST YOUR OWN STUFF HERE!!! If you have written a little free article or ebook that's just a come-on to show your affiliate links or trying to sell something else - DON'T BOTHER POSTING - it WILL be deleted! This thread is only for QUALITY resources that are free.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's a PERFECT example to start with from a post I made today.
This is also the preferred format: Title, summary, link.

Create FAT Affiliate Sites - FREE eBook Course

"In case you have never heard of Dr. Andy Williams, he is an affiliate marketing guru and trainer similar to James Martell and has a loyal following of affiliates that swear by his software and training methods. He is the developer of SEO website builder, which is a favorite of many affiliates. I've been hearing rave reviews about his new FREE course, "Creating "Fat" Affiliate Sites."

Read the rest here and comment about this at the thread below.
http://affiliate-marketing-forums.5staraffiliateprograms.com/showthread.php?p=4997#post4997

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's one tip for n00b affiliate marketers, (old hat to vets).... make sure to add target="blank" to all of your affiliate links. That way your site will stay open, and the affiliate link opens in a new window.

And don't forget

Always always always always always always always always always cloak your affiliate links. I've lost count the number of email marketing messages I receive that have stealable affiliate links....

Clickbank in particular is easy to hijack...but if you use an autoforward for your affiliate link, you can cut down dramatically on lost commissions. You need to use the 'meta-refresh' tag - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/META_refresh has an explanation of it.

Barbara

Hi Hassaan,

This thread is for Affiliate training resources.

If you want to know about resources from promoting your affiliate program, please post with that subject down in the Merchant/Affiliate Manager discussion area and we'll get some suggestions going.

I just found out a free audio course James Martell is giving away.
Here are all the details.

"Recognizing that today's Webmasters are busy, oftentimes overwhelmed, and looking for a proven resource they can count on to keep them abreast the ever-changing search engine strategies, natural search engine expert James Martell has just released excerpts and commentary from his recent sold-out live Backlinks Workshop, held recently in his online conference room.

Delivered to your inbox each day for five days for free, these information-packed, 30-minute sessions tell you exactly what's working today with Google and the other search engines so you're not wasting your valuable time. Each mini series session can be quickly and easily be downloaded to your iPod or iPhone, or listened to from your desktop, which means you can join in on the timely instruction while on-the-go or from home, at any time that works best for you."

Complete post with all the details here:
FREE "Backlinks for SEO" Audio Course from James Martell

Brilliant!

This is a great idea Linda! Being entirely new to this, the more info I can get my hands on, the better.
Thanks!

Always always always always always always always always always cloak your affiliate links. I've lost count the number of email marketing messages I receive that have stealable affiliate links....

Clickbank in particular is easy to hijack...but if you use an autoforward for your affiliate link, you can cut down dramatically on lost commissions. You need to use the 'meta-refresh' tag - Meta refresh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia has an explanation of it.

Barbara

Just a script I found that may be helpfull in cloaking links works very well as far as I can see

Phurl - PHP URL Shortening Script

I think you misunderstood me I have collected nearly 100 websites where merchants or affiliate managers can list their affiliate programs for free. Where can I post it up that is my question,

Thank you for your time and consideration,

Was that list posted somewhere?

Rick

This thread is for affiliate training not resources for merchants.
Missed that OT post before.

But to answer your question, not sure if it was posted, but it would not be a good list and is a waste of time to submit to most affiliate directories IMHO.

Only about the top 12 or so below are worth submitting to.
And #4 is 5 Star, but we don't accept directory submissions.

Top affiliate directories according to Google.
Google Directory - Computers > Internet > Affiliate Programs > Directories

Here's one tip for n00b affiliate marketers, (old hat to vets).... make sure to add target="blank" to all of your affiliate links. That way your site will stay open, and the affiliate link opens in a new window.

Can you tell me where in all that code you would paste target="blank"? Thank you.

A HREF="http://notalinkfrommydomaintoobeyrules" target = "_Blank"><FONT SIZE=4>Bringing The Martial Artist Out from Within Drills to Enhance Your Natural Biological Self-Defense Abilities by Sensei J. Richard Kirkham B.Sc. </FONT></A>

It could actually be names anything as long as the page doesn't have a target with that name.

Rick

target="blank"? and alt tags

Okay thanks for that answer. Can someone tell me what alt tags are in images or where I can get info on that? Is this something I can just paste into the html of the images I get from merchants, in order for my site content to be recognized?

Why is it important to cloak your affiliate links? Who is going to steal them?
Thanks!

I'd like to request we keep this thread on track. It's intended as a listing and resource for good FREE training sources. All the how-to questions are making it hard to find those.

Please use the search function and if you can't find an answer start a new thread that will specifically address that question. I'M off to get a couple other resources that need to be added to this list.

THANKS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MI
Back