The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

(Follow Along) Media Buying Campaign - Weight Loss Market

jacobc

Just wanted to share a campaign I recently launched, my results and get your feedback.

Promoting an affiliate product about weight loss for women.

Traffic Source: Self-Serve Ad Platform (Newbullet Ad)

Geo Targeting about 8 U.S. cities from research.

Views: 24,520
Clicks: 15
CTR %: 0.06
Leads: 1

Paying for CPC at $1.00 - $ 1.50

Campaign ran for 48 hours and was paused,

Spend: $15.50

My insights:

I want to be at 1% to 2% click through rate on my ad. At 0.06% ctr its clear the ad is not performing after 24k impressions/views so I stopped it.

What should I do next?

There's a few things I could do, but many would stop here and quit.

I will test a new image and tweak my headline & adcopy.

Run the new ad for another 20k - 30k impressions and see if I can get a better CTR.

I can geo target 1 city vs 8 cities, or I can just target the whole U.S. or even all top English speaking countries.

The main thing I want to do is increase my clicks & get a 1% to 2% ctr on the ad.

If I am getting a good amount of clicks I'll switch from CPC to CPM.

After I get the wanted 1% to 2% ctr I could start tweaking the squeeze page. If I am getting leads, but no sales, I would try another offer.

The lesson is just to keep testing little by little until you start reaching your goals 1 by 1.

Please give me some tips for this campaign.

How would you test & what would you do next in this situation?

Last edited:
How many different types of banners did you test?

If your only testing 1 banner at a time its goner take you awhile to find a winner, i would recommend you test banners in batches of 5 to 10, as the name of this game is getting enough data you can actually work with.

I also don't feel you've gathered enough data yet to start playing around with your landing page image and ad copy just yet, however if you really want to mess about with your landing page i would suggest you just create 2 new ones and put them in to the rotation with the original and see which dose best with which banner.

Last edited:
What I'm going to do next is test new ad copy & ad image. As I feel what I had to was to generic for the demographics. I will update.

MI
Back