The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

FIrst Mobile Campaign

richb4_22

affiliate
Hello Fellow Marketers,

I finally got my first mobile campaign up and running. I failed, it was a terrible outcome. I'm almost positive I have my tracking source (voluum is ) set up incorrectly. Where do I go from here?

- should i throw out this campaign?

- should I re run the ad with proper tracking

- should I change my traffic source? (Airpush) or stick with it?

I only had 1 conversion today but I still feel like I accomplished something lmao. hopefully I'll climb my way up

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 3.20.15 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-18 at 3.20.15 AM.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 195
I would run the same campaign with "proper" tracking on a more newbie friendly mobile traffic source for example; if your doing banners try decisive or tapit, if you're doing landing page/interstitial ads you could try mobicow or zeropark.

Airpush has A LOT of traffic but can be hard to optimize, even with state of the art tracking due to their day to day crazy ass click discrepancies.

P.S. Avoid the negative frame of mind. You didn't "fail" you learned that tracking is important and that it is possible to get xyz offer to convert. Consider the experience part of the tuition fee you have to pay to get good at mobile marketing.

Last edited:
Aww heck, Rich. Been there, done that. Don't despair, it's all part of the learning curve. Plus...you got a conversion! Think of it as the first of many as you move forward, learn, tweak and profit.

Congrats on your first conversion! I didn't get one conversion initially.. only got it after like 8 campaigns and spent $100..

And yea, like what cashmoney said, do re-do your tracking and try the campaign again, you have one conversion that's some good news, and you dont have enough data to determine it's a winner or loser yet.

On top of that, I suggest that you think about what type of offers you want to focus on and focus on one traffic source first, learn what works there, so that you actually learn and master something and the learning won't overwhelm you at the same time.

I'm a newbie who just launched my first mobile campaign too. Took me almost a good day just to understand the site - I was using Airpush too btw. I tried InMobi too (but my campaign has been put "on hold" - can someone explain what that means?)

But what I'd like to say RIch, don't give up. I spent the last 6-8 months learning Social until I got fed up with Facebook and their restrictions. And now I'm starting over with Mobile. Like what I always tell my Affiliate Manager, I take "baby steps". I want to learn how to crawl before I fly, because you won't be successful without understanding the basics. It took me a good while until I started making a profit with Facebook (even then it was $5-$10 profit/day) but it was still a good motivation and it showed that with patience, the money and the success will come.

banners
Back