The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

First Attempt at SEO

C

Cavalier07

Hi

My names Tom I have dabbled a bit in Affiliate Marketing and currently run my own incentive based GPT website, however I am looking for a better way to earn a good income so I am trying out the SEO tactic.

First Steps

I decided to focus my campaign promoting a Clickbank Product which I have recently joined and been using that has been making me a nice little profit on the side based in the gambling niche.

So I have bought a domain which is productnamesuccess.co.uk as the program is aimed at the UK market and have installed wordpress on it.

I have then asked for permission from the products owner to use their material so have a website that is very similar to there's also which uses the products promotion materials and logos.

I then created a main landing page and started a blog which has my own day to day personal experiences with the product I'm promoting to entice the user to click through to the program.

Now I am keeping the blog updated and working on getting the blog to the first pages of the following keywords on google.

Program Name
Program Name Success
Program Name Review
Program Name Scam

I'll keep you all updated on how it goes and then move onto more niche specific keywords

Tom

Looks like a good plan. Clickbank products can be insanely popular when promoted well... and you've gotta love the huge commissions you get from selling digital products!

Be sure to keep us posted!

Sound good man.
Your starting real good . I wish someone would have told me this when I started . Can I give you some advice ?First go for some keywords that do not have a crazy amount of exact match searches that is reachable that way you will start to see results and then you can move on to higher exact match keywords ,, So you see results and do not get discouraged if you aim too high.
Looks like a good plan ...

Looks like a good plan. Clickbank products can be insanely popular when promoted well... and you've gotta love the huge commissions you get from selling digital products!

Be sure to keep us posted!

From what I'm seeing no one is currently actively promoting the product which is why I went with it so it shouldn't take too much work to get the site where I need it

Sound good man.
Your starting real good . I wish someone would have told me this when I started . Can I give you some advice ?First go for some keywords that do not have a crazy amount of exact match searches that is reachable that way you will start to see results and then you can move on to higher exact match keywords ,, So you see results and do not get discouraged if you aim too high.

Looks like a good plan ...

Thanks for the tip but I'm not familiar with the term exact match searches is there any chance you can explain it a bit.

Ranking Update

As the website was setup a week or so ago I am already ranked in google.co.uk for the above keywords

Program Name - 87th
Program Name Success - 1st
Program Name Review - Not Ranked Yet
Program Name Scam - Not ranked Yet

Related Keyword 1 - 187th

So you have done your blog.

What are your actual SEO methods? You won't get 1st position just by updating your blog for a few weeks.

So you have done your blog.

What are your actual SEO methods? You won't get 1st position just by updating your blog for a few weeks.

Thats true. So far I have done as much on page SEO as I can and am now looking at off page SEO which is mainly link building so I am going around creating social media accounts and linking the blog contest to them as well as some directory submissions.

My next step will be to use my current websites to get theblog posts retweeted as many times as possible which will again increase the links, which in turn should improve the rankings.

Just to give you guys a quick update on my progress.

The blog is now complete and I am now working on link building and getting the first keyword to rank. Mainly I am doing manually directory submissions as well as posts with a twitter account which is slowly building up the backlinks.

My rankings as of today are

Program Name - 92nd (Was 87th but have been going from 67th - 125th depending on the day of the week)
Program Name Success - 1st

Related Keyword 1 - 66th (Was 187th so its slowly getting to page 1)

Tom

Nice! Noob question here - how can you quickly find your page on keywords you are trying to rank for?

You mention page 187, and I doubt you went through all 186 pages before to find your website.

Some special search string?

Hi Freddy, looking at your data on row 1, there's only 1 lead, but the payout is really high which is $31. The conversion rate is very low actually 1/195, but with that kind of payout no wonder you still have high positive ROI. Can you let me know what kind of offer is that?

banners
Back