The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

First attemp to play game with Niche Site & SEO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinabrokoth

The Fix'er!
Hey Fix`ers!

This is my first time playing game in the niche site but not first with SEO. To put it short and sweet, I don't wanna write too much.

These are my plan:
  • Building a medium niche site (not a micro nor authority site)
  • Aiming for organic traffic from search engines
  • Monetizing with whatever suitable when the site getting enough exposure

These are my processing methods plan:
  • Creating a custom WordPress theme exclusive for this niche site by myself (I don't want to buy the premium theme because most of them are not targeting with niche site instead of many codes in them)
  • Hosting this site alone exclusively in a cloud VPS (I don't like slow loading site nor staying with other low quality sites; furthermore, it has better uptime)
  • Doing keyword research by myself (this is ensure the high quality of the keywords)
  • Doing SEO by myself including on-page and off-page (I won't use automatic tools and will be manually built only high quality relevance links. Less amount of links but quality)
  • Outsourcing contents for the money site as well as for link building properties (my English is bad, so this is my weakness)

These are my progressing so far:
  • Created and designed my custom theme (Logo and other graphics are ready to go)
  • Researched keywords (15 keywords)
  • Ordered and configured cloud VPS and installed WordPress as well as my theme and plugins *
  • Ordered and configured MaxCDN
  • Ordered 15 articles for the money site (TextBroker L4)
  • Ordered 20 articles for tier 1 properties (Odesk)
  • Ordered 50 articles for tier 2 properties (Elance)

* Plugins I am using: W3 Total Cache, Yoast SEO, Yet Another Related Posts, Google Analytic, Limit Login Attempts, Exploit Scanner, Akismet, and Bad Behaviors.
These plugins are self explanatory, so I'm sure you already knew what they're serving for!

TIP: Because my site is a single author, so I'll add another shield of password protected my wp-admin directory as well as allow only my IP to access it.

Nah! As you see, I spend more money on the contents which are for my money site. I spend less money on the content for link building but it's also good quality contents which are not spun articles.
I created theme myself and it has as little codes as possible and I'm sure the site's speed will be better than using the premium theme.
I also spend my money on hosting (cloud VPS) as well as CDN, again I want my site's speed to load amazingly fast.
And, you see? security is also a major aspect to consider that's why I caring about it so much.

Now, you'll wanna know what I've spent so far. Here you go:
  • Unmanaged Cloud VPS Hosting ($20/Month) >>> $20
  • MaxCDN ($9/Month) >>> $9
  • 15 Articles from TB (500-1,000 Words) >>> $300
  • 20 Articles from Odesk (500+ Words) >>> $100
  • 50 Articles from Elance (400+ Words) >>> $125
  • CopyScape Premium >>> $4.25

Total Spending: $558.25
Total Earning: $0
Current Profit: -$558.25

OK! That's all for today; I'll update once per week with my progressing as well as my SEO Plans!

Your comment, advice, and elaboration are appreciated! I'm also welcome to any questions that you might have.

P.S: Sorry for my bad English! :D

Last edited:
That's awesome!!!

Do you know about Passive Income: The Smart Passive Income Blog who has a program called Niche Site duel?

Anyway, I subscribed to your thread.

For the others.....c'mon guys, start your own follow along like dinabrokoth and few others did. You are not aware how helpful this is. You'll be getting feedback, maintain focus, and once everyone is expecting your results, even if it's on a forum, you'll have a one more reason to keep it going.

Great Case Study !! + another little tip for the link building :
The up-to-date method for the off-page part comes from our Top SEO expert Jay :
http://www.affiliatefix.com/f62/han...gine-optimization-tactic-ive-ever-found-4651/

This is not an advertisement for Jay's course, but an sincere recommendation.
The best off-page opti I ever saw, and especially a natural link building like Google wants to see it,
without any danger of being kicked out of the index someday ... ;)

P.S: Sorry for my bad English! :D
Where is your problem, mate?? Take a look at my Genglish ...

Last edited:
Cant wait to see how this ones goes man - well done for taking action and the best of luck!

That's awesome!!!

Do you know about Passive Income: The Smart Passive Income Blog who has a program called Niche Site duel?

Anyway, I subscribed to your thread.

For the others.....c'mon guys, start your own follow along like dinabrokoth and few others did. You are not aware how helpful this is. You'll be getting feedback, maintain focus, and once everyone is expecting your results, even if it's on a forum, you'll have a one more reason to keep it going.
Pat is very good at this!

Great Case Study !! + another little tip for the link building :
The up-to-date method for the off-page part comes from our Top SEO expert Jay :
http://www.affiliatefix.com/f62/han...gine-optimization-tactic-ive-ever-found-4651/

This is not an advertisement for Jay's course, but an sincere recommendation.
The best off-page opti I ever saw, and especially a natural link building like Google wants to see it,
without any danger of being kicked out of the index someday ... ;)

Where is your problem, mate?? Take a look at my Genglish ...
Jay (LazyStoneAss) will be a good shot next project.

Cant wait to see how this ones goes man - well done for taking action and the best of luck!
Thanks K!

What is your plan? To sell something or build a list.
Be careful when building links, you invested a lot.
your doing good. Keep it burning.
I've already searched for the products that could be monetized either Adsense, Amazon, ClickBank, CJ, CPA or others. I will make some testing with them after my site gets enough traffic.

Last edited:
OK Guys! I have some updates with my process.

On Site:
  • All required things were already configured (plugins, themes, and pages.)
  • Published 3 posts at the same time and scheduled another 12 for 1 post per week.

Off Site:
  • Did nothing and wait for the site and posts/pages get index in Google naturally.

That's all for now; I will make this site more mature enough to some link building to it. I scheduled my posts once per week because I will have more time to focus on promotion of site in the future.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
Make sure you create a Webmaster Tools account and let the mighty G know you're about - also submit a sitemap.

Yup, as K recommended, register your site at Google's webmaster tools, and ensure that you act according to the guidelines of G, especially with the backlinks.
This way you don't need to worry about any Google updates.

Jay (LazyStoneAss) will be a good shot next project.
not only next time - he is always a good choice ;)

Last edited:
Another new updates here!

So, I'd create all of the thing now including GW and G+ profile, Twitter page, Facebook page, and YouTube channel to give more social signals to my money site.

What happen with my site so?
- There are 6 articles on my site and Big G. already indexed them all.
- 6 articles target 6 keywords.
- Fortunately, 4 keywords show up in the SERP without any backlinks (sure, it won't be in top 10. Yet, they're standing between 80 - 120 positions) -> SerpFox

What will I do next?
- Shoot up 30 emails to the related site's owners similar in my niche. I already collected 138 contacts. -> Guest Posting opportunity.
- Fire up some web 2.0 blogs for 1st tier links. Those are WordPress and Blogger. Not yet pointing links to my main site; just random links to authority sites to make it more mature.
- Submit my site to the relevance web directories.

That's all for now. I make it slow but steady.

See ya another update!

That's quick!

What's just happen to my link building?
- I got friendly reply from 5 webmasters of the sites similar to my niche. They're having PRs from 2-3; that's great. I'm now allow to post a guest post on their sites. In return, I'm giving them with logos, site redesign, and some graphic tasks.
- Got approved from 3 relevance web directories.
- 3 Donations.

What's next?
- Hunting some high PRs / ages domains to create a small private network to support my money site.
- Publish more articles on my 1st tier link web 2.0 sites and to my money site.
- Do some social bookmarking to my money site.

What's up with my SERP?
- I'm very surprised with the dancing and it's amazing that my gem keywords are very easy to rank. I'm carefully researched them. Finally, I came up with very practical keywords those are literally having very weak competitions.
- All my six articles / 6 keywords bouncing and increase the ranks upto the 1st page with the first rank, not all, with just some high PR relevance links.

8kBDgTE.jpg

What about my traffic?
As my Google Analytic not yet appeared anything, I don't know what's my traffic looks like. Yet, the bandwidth control in my hosting panel is consuming. I guest there might be some visitors visiting my site. My prediction would be over 50+ Unique visitors per day.

What am I going to do next?
- I feel surprise now. I'll monetize my site with Google Adsense durign next week to test the water of PPC payment rates.
- I feel that my site is growing and having very good potential; therefore, I will give it more attention and hard tasks.

What am I expected to earn with this site?
- I expected to earn at least $300+/Month during this 2 months. And, it'll grow more.

I'm going crazy now for my initial success of this site. I've built links not just Home Page but all of my inner pages and pass the juices to each other internally.

More spending come in though!
- 3 Donations to feature on the PR of 5-6 = $90
- 5 constant guest post articles = $30

Financial about this site:

Spending: $678.25
Earning: $0

Profit: -$678.25

Will update more soon!

It's not targeted only one keyword or article, so all posts are my money posts. I balance them the same quality. Literally speaking, they're in the same spot for me.
I was very surprised while doing keywords research! There are many gem keywords which is waiting for new owner to acquire and rank for the top positions.

awesome plan man!
good luck !
Keep working and never give up and I am sure you will cover your outcome and earn much more than you spent :)

Yes, most of the low quality EMD sites were 70% slapped away and the rests are just forum, Q/A sites, and web 2.0s. Even more, they're not targeting these keywords. With just on page optimization, the top spots are yours.

All these gem keywords are thanks to my friend Junkie who did the analyze for me using his Moz, Majestic and Ahref accounts. Thanks Junkie!

Now, you'll wanna know what I've spent so far. Here you go:
  • Unmanaged Cloud VPS Hosting ($20/Month) >>> $20
  • MaxCDN ($9/Month) >>> $9
  • 15 Articles from TB (500-1,000 Words) >>> $300
  • 20 Articles from Odesk (500+ Words) >>> $100
  • 50 Articles from Elance (400+ Words) >>> $125
  • CopyScape Premium >>> $4.25

Lots of investments man for one site but thumb up for taking action...
I do lot's of SEO and will prepare one thread about it for CPA offer as almost every of my sites are on the first pages of Google for niche and offer keyword and brings me money on organic free way but per site I invest ONLY domain name $10 per year and hosting plan, $112 per year for unlimited number of domains. All the rest I do by myself as I like it.
Articles I write by myself, bookmark by myself...

Yes, I think it's a bit too much for the investment. Most of it gone to the articles. I don't want to waste some money on low quality cheap articles and I couldn't write myself, too.

This is my first attempt to play with niche site creation but I was playing a lot with offline marketing. I have many business sites on either Shared Hosting`s, VPS`s, and Dedicated Server`s.

The point for this site that I invested more on hosting because I want it to be as nearly perfect as possible either direct or indirectly. $20/Month for an unmanaged cloud VPS is very satisfy for me with the uptime, speed, and the scaling.

Even more, this investment is not including the Private Network that will be born in the up coming weeks. Private Network indirectly brought me many lead to my local business and SEO is a very important role in this industry.

Thanks for stopping by!

Status
Not open for further replies.
banners
Back