The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Finding the one......

Ibrahim Rehman

affiliate
Hi Rohail,

Many congratulations on the great earning, I wish you all the best for your future endeavours. I have just started affiliate marketing a few weeks back, I am currently in the mobile app install vertical, and am learning everyday. To my understanding, and from what I've heard 9 out of 10 campaigns fail. Therefore, getting a profitable campaign is about dumping the failing campaigns early, and trying out new campaigns till you find a successful one. I have a couple of questions in that regard.

1) What are the things you would optimise first in a campaign, banners, landing pages, placement, etc to see if it has potential of being a success?

2) At what point would you dump a campaign, what would the key performance indicators, and/or the ROI be for one to move on from a campaign.

Best Regards,
I

1) Things I would optimize in a campaign are in this order:
Offer > OS > Carrier > Banner > LP > Placement

This isn't a hard and fast rule, but just the way I would do it. You can cut placements earlier if you see that they are low quality traffic.

2) I would dump a campaign if I saw that little to few conversions were coming in after doing a significant amount of testing. I personally don't like to waste a lot of time on a campaign that doesn't show much promise from the beginning. I do spend at least 5x the payout though to see where the offer stands though. Even if the campaign isn't breaking even (i.e., it's at least getting some conversions and is say losing 50%) I stick with it because there's a good chance I can turn it around and make it profitable.

banners
Back