The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Fan page with fans from many countries

Hello,

I have a fan page with users from many countries. I would like to post a link to amazon, but the problem is that if a user is from the UK and the amazon link is from amazon.com (the US version) he is not automatically redirected.

How can I solve that problem? Maybe the only solution is to have an LP in the middle which redirects depending on the country?

Is there any other way to solve this?

Thanks!

You have this for free inside AffKit, that's why I made the tool :) Just now I saw your question, otherwise I would reply earlier...
AffKit.com > Geo redirection

you need to put the generated script on the server as in the instruction and than set the link to direct to the page with the script. It will automatically redirect your visitor to the links you set on the tool based on selected country rules.

Last edited:
I tried it with a VPN and it works perfectly :) I hope the IPs are up to date :) I thought you would take them from a central database, not from a file...

I tried it with a VPN and it works perfectly :) I hope the IPs are up to date :) I thought you would take them from a central database, not from a file...

They are from maxmind, they update them on weekly basis. Normally the ip ranges shouldn't change a lot over time so for most of the time it should be fine. Anyway, for a fallback, no script has 100% accuracy, but since you are sending traffic from a fanpage I think 99% is fine for you :) , for a fallback, make sure you set the default url for general public.

@crysper, I found this solution too

https://gist.github.com/irazasyed/4121247

It is a single file that seems to work. The redirect tool you have in affkit cannot be simplified like that one?

It's JS based, client-side not server-side, that means:
1. user must have javascript enabled browser(that's not the biggest issue) BUT also no JS errors on the page, which may happen very often(for ex a script page hasn't loaded copletely)
2.it's not so fast. Anyone who is using PPV will use server-side geo-redirection instead of javascript.

The solution is simple but you also need to know 100% the correct country codes(and don't have any typos), it's also a script which some newbies may not seem comfortable editing and if they make a mistake the entire script is broken....you are losing traffic and you don't know why. The Affkit tool is automated and takes care of all of this.

Of course, if you don't want to use server-side redirection and you use just a few countries which you update frequently, you can use this script...it works. Depends what you want.

banners
Back