The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Facebook Questions

carter1210

affiliate
Hi Everyone,

I'm new here and was looking for some advice on my game plan to move forwards. Hopefully I've posted this in the right part of the forum. I'm experienced with Facebook and Teespring currently and would like to try some CPA offers with Facebook (I understand what to avoid etc.)

My idea is to test out a game offer and have asked my affiliate manager for some tips.

Just a few questions:

1. I'd use the power editor and clicks to website and split test some images. Is it OK to use Google images and get some in play images and split test those? What's the best practice for this?

2. I understand with these types of games that it's a younger audience to target, where's best to get the demographics of my target audience as Audience Insights only shows 18+ and I'm sure there will be people who are very young and also older fans. Do you still get paid if say a 12 year old plays the game? (have no experience with this as yet so some questions may seem obvious to you)

3. I've made a redirect with Pretty Links to my affiliate link. Is it essential I use my own landing page from the get go to pre-qualify and/or possibly build a list? Their landing page is really nice at the moment.

4. In FB's demographics, is it advantageous to select 'single' and 'console gamers'? I would say it's quite irrelevant for the younger ages.

5. I only use newsfeed ads with Teespring and CTR % is never an issue, having them as high as 22% on some campaigns. Is it advisable to do RHS for this type of campaign?

6. How far should I take split testing?

7. Do I need additional tracking such as voluum for this?

Thank you

1 - For your Ads i recommend that You use 1 image and 3-5 and copies For Every Image you use
Depending on how much your budget is the more then better if your budget is low then use fewer

2 - If there is no age requirement on the offer for example game XYZ - only converts if user is X age or age range
then it doesnt matter. i think the the youngest you can be that fb allow you registration is 13

3 - No i dont thinks its essential to use your own landing page but i recommend that use a tracking link or some kind of tracking - i Use Voluum (affiliate link)
free for 100k actions a month good for starting out and i can help setup if you end up using it

4 - Relationship will lower your audience and i don't think it will mater as for console gamers if its pc game the might not be interested in pc gaming so i wouldn't target that

5 - You Can Make A Separate Campaign and test both use the same 1 image and 3-5 ad copies to get comparable results
or as many images and ad copies you have

6 - Test As Much As You Can afford

7 - See 3

If you have any more questions just post here
i would also getting a facebook tool to create custom audiances to get more targeted users

if you do a lot of Fb margeting

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I'll definitely look in to voluum and use your link.

Facebook recently changed their rules with custom audiences (again) and it's become a lot more long-winded and advisable to steer clear, if you were talking about scraping that is.

I'm used to working with PPE in Facebook.

With regards to bidding, I started one offer on manual CPC and I bid above the suggested bid and brought the bid down gradually and it's very low now.

With another ad I tried the same and it wouldn't move. It will only work on auto cpc with a high cost per click - Any thoughts on manual vs auto?

Thanks!

banners
Back