Certified

T J Tutor

GM
Administrator
Certified Vendor
Dojo Master
AffKit
Zac,

Up until now I haven't engaged the social marketing aspects of our trade. I am not new to marketing online, but I am reasonably new to CPA (six months in). I want to engage the social marketing opportunities, but so many using Facebook Ad Accounts talk about the bans and the need to continually create new FB accounts in order to keep earning. It's for this reason I haven't engaged FB Ads yet. I am not interested in gaming a system in order to achieve my goals. I prefer a more reputable approach in order to maintain the integrity and reputation of my business. Am I being too altruistic in thinking I can achieve my goals with Facebook on my terms?

Thanks, T J

Facebook used to be insane with affiliate offers. They wouldn't allow anything through and they would ban everyone. Now they are a lot more lenient and you can get a lot through (especially for games and dating). Start with direct linking offers and stay away from the redirects and trying to get really offensive images through and you should be fine. It's just a learning game of what works and what doesn't from there.

I hope you don't mind Zac if I chime in here since this is my specialty area :)

You have to understand WHY accounts get banned.

a) your ads get reported by the Facebook users.
b) Stole another affiliate's ad from a spy tool? If their account gets banned, they're have image recognition software so they can tie accounts together through images.
c) Your landing page / offer is inappropriate. Even though dating is allowed, not all dating is allowed. The MyWot score has to be green. Safe Browsing Tool | WOT (Web of Trust). Also the ad / landing page has to completely follow the rules
d) Persistence - This means if any affiliate gets his ad or landing page rejected, and they keep resubmitting it with any adjustments.
e) Too low submission score - This means the percentage of ads that get through. If you only get 25% of your ads approved, that's a warning sign.
f) Randomness - accounts get manually expected here and there. If the reviewer doesn't like anything about your account, they'll ban it.

Anyways there's a TON more I haven't listed (trade secrets). Following these advice will help keep your account intact.

I hope you don't mind Zac if I chime in here since this is my specialty area :)

You have to understand WHY accounts get banned.

a) your ads get reported by the Facebook users.
b) Stole another affiliate's ad from a spy tool? If their account gets banned, they're have image recognition software so they can tie accounts together through images.
c) Your landing page / offer is inappropriate. Even though dating is allowed, not all dating is allowed. The MyWot score has to be green. Safe Browsing Tool | WOT (Web of Trust). Also the ad / landing page has to completely follow the rules
d) Persistence - This means if any affiliate gets his ad or landing page rejected, and they keep resubmitting it with any adjustments.
e) Too low submission score - This means the percentage of ads that get through. If you only get 25% of your ads approved, that's a warning sign.
f) Randomness - accounts get manually expected here and there. If the reviewer doesn't like anything about your account, they'll ban it.

Anyways there's a TON more I haven't listed (trade secrets). Following these advice will help keep your account intact.

How can I see my submission score?

Definitely, I agree with all of Charles' statements. The takeaway here is that Facebook has no problems with "affiliate marketing" tactics used on their platform, as long as you are continually within their guidelines. It's always easy to try and game a system to make money, but at the same time you are putting your account and reputation at risk.

Also, if your account does get banned, simply create a new one. Lots of affiliates have a ton of accounts that they use. Also don't use your personal account, as you don't want it to get locked out or deleted based on your advertising tactics.

Thanks Zac, Thanks Charles,

I hadn't used the "MyWot" services in the past. I've added all of my domains to my new account there. Very simple and easy to implement. Thanks for this. I'm having trouble understanding how to have multiple FB accounts if they are comparing credit cards, phone numbers, and addresses. Apparently one would have to use an alias, have a second number, and use a different credit card. I think I need to investigate how to create corporate accounts, I've looked, but I haven't seen a method to do this on the site. I'm calling today to see how this is done.

Ruck, over at IM Grind posted an article in April about FB on the Rampage. You can see it here "Facebook Massively Wiping Cloaked CPA Ad Accounts"

According to "Ruck's" inside man at FB, they are shutting down many who have multiple accounts.

T J

Last edited:
Hey TJ, I am definitely curious about that page you tried to link, anyway you can see what happened to that domain? It seems to not connect to the server

We usually get banned on these accounts because we have failed to observe the very required rules and regulations. Just like any other platform, there are rules that need to be observed when doing the marketing through the ads. Let us avoid getting microwave results. Even when we employ black hat methods, they should be used with much care.

banners
Back