The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  MyBid

Facebook Like Jacking ?

MrPRinson

affiliate
Hey guys,
I came across this post from BHF and wanted to ask you guys some questions about it:
1) Can't they know who's responsible thro IP ?
2) Isn't there a max amount of likes per a period of time that can only be done by a real person( he can be a spammer or botlike, but still - just to take out the bots)?
3) So the FB page does get fake likes, which i know its bad for that page. why FB doesnt block those likes completly ? (assuming he came to the conclusion that it is a bot )
4) By doing this several time on the same page. will the page / website get any penalty points ?
5) Is there Any effect on SEO ? or on the website it self (question 4) ?

thanks for the help
sorry for my english :)

by shezboy
Facebook isn't stupid, they know that Like Jacking goes on and has been going on for years now. They have gotten better at detecting it using patterns in behaviour and their own algorithms but what they can't always prove is who is responsible for that Like Jacking and this is crucial.

Because of Like Jacking tools and scripts it's really easy to automate Like Jacking and send Likes to any FB page from your website and that has opened it up to being abused in the same way that negative SEO used to be a problem for Google.

So Facebook had to follow the same route that Google took in that FB now won't ban or close the FB page that is receiving the Jacked Likes, instead they place a filter that stops the website where the Like Jacking is taking place from being able to register Likes for any FB page and that stops it dead right there.

By doing this Facebook foil the person doing the Like Jacking and protect the owner of the FB page. Now that's great if you are being an evil little shit and trying to get peoples FB pages closed down by using negative Like Jacking against them you need to just stop it and find something constructive to do with your time.

But how does this affect you if you were the one doing the Like Jacking and sending the Likes to your own FB pages?

Well, you'd think that having your website blocked from being able to send Likes to FB pages you'd be up the creek without a paddle and needing to start all over again. But think again.

If you are Like Jacking then you need to be smart about it and use the fact that FB not ban your pages to your advantage. Because Facebook are now taking the action of blocking the website where the Like Jacking is taking place you need to look at your site as a throw away site that you can easily afford to lose and no bat an eyelid about it.

So, here is what you need to be doing.

Don't use your main money site as the Like Jacking site.

Before you begin buy a cheap domain that is similar to your main money site domain and clone your money site.

Upload the cloned version to the new domain and add the Like Jacker to that site.

Then 302 the traffic from your money site to your cloned site and let the Like Jacking take place on there.

If FB ever detect that you're Like Jacking to get Likes for your pages they will block your cloned site and not your money site. If that happens all you need to do is buy another cheap domain, upload your cloned money site to it, add the Like Jacker to that site and change the 302 from your money site to your new cloned site.

You can keep doing this for ever if you want to/need to and all those Likes will ever cost you is cheap domains but at least the Likes you get will be from real FB users.

However, what I would strongly suggest is not be reckless with your Like Jacking to the point that FB keep picking you off like that on a regular basis. I've never had one site picked up by FB for Like Jacking and I've been doing this for years so I know it's possible to do but I thought some may find it useful to know the above if they find that Facebook have blocked their website from being able to send Likes to FB pages.

Shez

Facebook has been growing over time and they do understand the challenges that they have been facing. Over the past years, they have been enhancing their algorithm in line to cater for such like things. Facebook has regulations that guide on the dos and don ts. I will say it is in line to safeguard their company. We just need to be careful so that everything we do is inline with the rules and regulation. Otherwise you will be banned from the network if you dont comply.

@MrPRinson , just wondering if you have permission from the original author/site to post that article here. It's safer to do a synopsis and link to the original article.

Re like jacking, I wouldn't even try it. It's not worth risking a ban.

How to Avoid a Facebook Ban | Affiliate Marketing Forum | AffiliateFix

Hi, @MrPRinson doesn't have permission to repost that article which I wrote.

I am the creator of the Like Jacking WP plugin that he is referring to but, to be honest, I am not bothered that he copied and pasted the article and there is no damage done.

However, the information in that post/article is now outdated and inaccurate. Due to changes that FB made it's no longer possible to use a new site with Like Jacking. FB doesn't trust a domain that is less than 4 weeks old and will therefore prevent any likes that come from that domain, for FB page, from being registered on FB.

FB clamped down on things due to the popularity of what is known as 'churn and burn' where a person will buy a cheap domain, add a site to it and then spam FB until that domain gets banned. They then throw the domain away and buy a new one so they can continue spamming.

FB have also clamped down on domains that use the .xyz extension for the same reason.

When it comes to Like Jacking FB tend to take action again the site where the Like jacking is taking place rather than action against the FB page receiving the likes. I assume this would be to prevent someone using the Like Jacker on their site to send a large number of Jacked likes to their competitors FB page with the intention of getting that page shut down.

I hope that helps anyone who has read the first post.

Thanks, Shez

MI
Back