The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Facebook alternatives?

Pinterest is gaining popularity... Plenty of Fish is still great as well (not just for dating).

Pinterest, Twitter, Linkedin, although not a social network but POF is also good. Linkedin is good if you have business related products or services you are promoting, and POF is good for dating offers.

The next big thing is Ello [it's dot .co NOT .com]
It's by invitation only and they're swamped and it about to get worse when the top bloggers start talking about it.

@Snoop it completely depends on what you're looking for as far as an audience. I estimate that there's over a million different social networks at any given time nowadays. New networks pop up like grass and many of them are based on niches. Only the networks with novel ideas or lots of funding make it to be mid-sized social nets ( > 10,000 users). What niche are you looking to target?

I could repeat everyone and say some of the other top networks, but that wouldn't add anything to the conversation.

Right now I'm exploring Tsu (it's in my niche of advertisers and bizoppers), there are also many MLM based alternatives for tsu...

Recent sites I've made plugins for are:
  • HulkShare - for musicians to share their music, so if you're targeting artists, this is the place
  • About.me - They sort of got their own thing going, and I think they've been around for awhile, but only recently started to up their game
Here is a full list of social networks that I know of, and it's categorized.

Anyway, personally as direct alternatives to fb (being a large sized social network) I prefer Google+, Tumblr, Reddit, Tagged and Hi5. All of these sites have been great sources of traffic for me and for my clients.

[QUOTE="( as direct alternatives to fb (being a large sized social network) I prefer Google+, Tumblr, Reddit, Tagged and Hi5. All of these sites have been great sources of traffic for me and for my clients.[/QUOTE]

Base on my experience your right. Those social media site are very useful and very effective. They can promote your goods and services and you can get high good volume of traffics. Check out this article for more information on social media and how social media help your site makes on top.

Tsu.co (you can only join from someones link)
Pretty decent page considering they started 5 months or so ago. Over 2 million users now and rising fast because people like the idea of getting paid for posting in social network. Tsu shares 90% of revenue with their users, depending on how many views their posts get. Though the truth is you cant earn much from only posting, unless you have like 100k followers i guess. But i hope this changes as Tsu grows.

All good suggestions above. I suggest you to try to test every single of these and then after few weeks to focus on ones that brings you better results.

Boban

Kinda love LinkedIn due to the share to groups Thingy added to their share options.

Really cool and does the trick there... Twitter is nice too though..

banners
Back