The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Extending your website registration length

R

Ricus

I definitely advise everyone to extend their domain registration length by several more years, in order to get a better ranking in search engines and a higher Google PR. This may be very costly, depending on the domain, but will profit you in the long run. In addition you will get a higher PR after several years even with a low visitor rate.

I definitely advise everyone to extend their domain registration length by several more years, in order to get a better ranking in search engines and a higher Google PR. This may be very costly, depending on the domain, but will profit you in the long run. In addition you will get a higher PR after several years even with a low visitor rate.

What do you mean by this? Are you saying that If I extend my domain for many years instead of yearly then it would be better for SEO and Google PR.

Anyways Google PR is not really useful in most cases. It might help you when your deciding to sell the site or sell advertisement space but won't do you actually any good. I don't ever focus on Google PR. I have had sites that went to PR 5 and I don't bother paying attention to it.

Why does having your domain registration for longer help your search engine rankings & website' page rank at all?
I would'nt think search engines would care about this as it has nothing to do with anything really.
I might be wrong. If im not, could you explain this to me a bit more please?

I am almost certain how long you register your domains for does not affect PR, however, domain age obviously helps PR.

Once upon a time, it was rumored that having a domain registered for multiple years would help with SEO. Google saw it as an indication that you were going to stick with the site and it was therefore 'serious'. I don't believe that's the case any more, though.

I'm not sure if I ever believed this. I do know it was a rumor in the "internet marketing" arena, but it was never proven. It seems strange that Google would check the age of the domain registration given the fact that there are multitudes of domain registrars.

Matt Cutts flatly dispels this myth and says that the algorithm does not take registration length into consideration. He also says that they might in the future but that he doesn't see it happening anytime soon.

There is a youtube video of the conversation, can I post it here?

MI
Back