The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Expiring domain name - solution to domain name shortages

temi

affiliate
Having the right domain name is crucial to your website SEO success, you need to choose a domain name that is not only brandable but reflects you business and the image you are trying to portray. Becauye most good domain name in the popular domain name extensions are virtually gone, most creative webmaster resort to stalking expiring domain name. One such webmaster is RiveWire a member of UK Webmaster Forum, in a post he described how he struck gold by snapping up a domain name before it expired. A short excerpts from RiverWire post follows: Expiring Domains ? I found that if you really do your homework on some sites and catch them at the right time you can really get a fantastic site. Recently i brought a domain that i was interested in but wasn't sure about, it was very close to being deleted and was in the auctions over at Godaddy, i looked into it a little more and found it was PR4 with PR4 inner pages. To my surprise it also had 3000 back links from other related good quality sites. So i thought about it a little and done the normal fake page rank check, internet archive check etc. The PR wasn't showing as valid or fake, it was just showing that that google had no cached history of the site What did i do ? i went and brought it ! yep thats right i brought it, even though there was a possibility that the backlinks would be deleted by the time i got it and the PR would disappear or turn out to be fake, in the end i paid around £100 for it. Your can read RiverWire's full post here

MI
Back