The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ethical Directory Blues :(

temi

affiliate
How I wish people read submission guideline.

I am receiving loads of submission to my Green Web Directory BUT all are submitting the wrong kind of site. They don't seem to understand what Green means even though its spelt out that you site product or services need to be environment friendly, organic, ethical, fair traded etc :(

Temi people do not give a damn about YOUR site, only THEIR site. plain example is deplylinked.com. you can submit up to 5 inner pages, but NO home page. So many people submit the home page. I have lots of niche directories and no one takes notice of the niches.

It's the nature of the beast I think. I'm certain that I will have to deal with the same types of situations once my directory is up and running. I am not allowing deep linking, and my script is hand made by me, so I am validating the URL of each submission automatically to take everything off of the URL except for the hostname. There are many things that you can combat automatically by using scripts, but there are so many more that just need a humans touch to validate. That's what I think makes directory management a more difficult task.

I have a solution for you, the problem is in that the directory looks like another plain general directory. All this red does not really help the Green Theme. If you know what I mean.

How about putting some pictures in the top banner of solar panels, clean water running down the river and producing hydro energy, some big wind energy generators (I have no idea what the bloody things are called), some kids playing in the Park and breathing in fresh air. Visit iStockPhoto and I am sure you can change the look of that directory to attract the right submissions only.

Cheers

Thanks for that suggestion, everything takes time and that is one commodity I am very very short of, putting all the time I have into this forum at present, perhaps in the future when I have some free time I will implement your suggestion. But I still have a strong felling that will not stop the inappropriate sites being submitted.

Otherwise you can put up a banner or like something.

BTW. I haven't found any submission guidelines in the submit page.
Will I submit my non-green sites now? :evil: :apple:

The guidliness is there but unfortunately it does not show because of colour coordination. You non green site will not be accepted :(

banners
Back