The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Adavice”/  “1Win

Ethic/legal question and cpa locking advice

A

adrian

*I understand I can't get Legal Advice here and will not expect any answers to be binding or any other legal terms I need to use to release any repliers from any legal mumbo jumbo. It's just a question of a legal nature.

I am in the process building a review site of sorts since they don't have an affiliate program I was going to pitch some complementarity products and sell how much better the product would be with them. Then I opened a mental can of worms, As I seen the product is GPL and the cost is only for "support and automatic upgrades".

So the question is could I find some torrent or ppd site and link lock it? And let people decide if they want to pay the fee or download it free?

It seems they have crossed a line by charging an outlandish price for developer and put in the fine print you can edit it and resell it with credit.

I'm most likely over thinking it, but I'd hate to spend all day to end up in court. They are selling service for 3.0 they are giving away 2.0 I want to link to a 2.8 with a lock. ethicly it's not nice but its legal under gpl would that be good enough for you?

Thanks in advance!

banners
Back