The Most Active and Friendliest
Affiliate Marketing Community Online!

“Propeller”/  Direct Affiliate

Emailing potential buyer w/out them deleting the email before reading it.

Hi All,

This is the best forum, just had to get that out in the open.

I want to send a bunch of email out to small businesses promoting a pruduct I know they use. However, this email will come "out of the blue" and is there some phrase or content that would stick out so they don't just blindly delete the email before reading it.

Does any one have sample of mail to potential buyers?

Thanks a bunch,
D&C

Hi D&C,

Well 1st off it sounds like what you are sending is unsolicited email which could be considered spam so be sure you read up on the can-spam act.

I doubt we could give you any ideas without knowing anything about what the product or market is...

So just in VERY general terms the subject line is of course most important. Sometimes a question works or just being sure you use the main benefit word and/or an emotion word. You could test your email subject lines on a friend and try 3 you think would be best and ask them to check their email and pretend they are a small biz owner or whatever and ask which one they'd be more likely to open.

The other thing you may want to do if this is a market you will be focusing on is to sign up for some newsletters and email lists from other companies in the industry. Then save good subject lines and phrases to give you ideas next time you do a mailing.

banners
Back